Age: 71 Years
Death Date: 03/07/2020
|Real Name||Nirmala Kishanchand Sadhu Singh Nagpal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 148 cm
in meters- 1.48 m
in Feet Inches- 4’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 88 kg
in Pounds- 194 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||22 November 1948 (Monday)|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Bombay State, Dominion of India (Present day: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)|
|Date of Death||3 July 2020 (Friday)|
|Place of Death||Guru Nanak Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||71 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest The Hindu|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Film/As Child Artist: Nazarana (1952)
Film/As Choreographer: Mausam (1975)
TV/As Judge: Nach Baliye Season 1 (2005)
|Family||Father- Late Kishanchand Sadhu Singh
Mother- Noni Sadhu Singh
|Actor||Anil Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||B. Sohanlal (Choreographer)
Sardar Roshan Khan (Businessman)
|Spouse(s)||B. Sohanlal (Choreographer)
Sardar Roshan Khan
|Children||Son- Raju Khan
Daughter- Sukanya Khan, Heena Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saroj Khan
- Nirmala Kishanchand Sadhu Singh Nagpal, famous as Saroj Khan was one of the well-known choreographers in the Hindi cinema.
- She was born to Kishanchand Sadhu Singh and Noni Sadhu Singh in Pakistan, later her parents, along with their five children, moved to India after India- Pakistan partition.
- She started her career as a child artist (Shyama) at age three with the film Nazarana.
- She had choreographed more than 2000 songs in her career.
- She learned to dance by assisting the film choreographer B. Sohanlal.
- She married B. Sohanlal at the age of thirteen, who was 41-year-old then and was a father of four children.
- She was born in a Hindu family, but she embraced Islam just before her first marriage.
- She later got separated from her husband B. Sohanlal and married a Pathan, Sardar Roshan Khan.
- She debuted as an independent choreographer with Geeta Mera Naam (1974).
- She had to wait for long to garner the desired fame, which came with her work with Sri Devi, Hawa Hawai in Mr. India (1987), Nagina (1986) and Chandni (1989) and later with Madhuri Dixit, starting with the hit Ek Do Teen in Tezaab (1988), Tamma Tamma Loge in Thanedaar (1990) and Dhak Dhak Karne Laga in Beta (1992).
- She judged the first and the second season of a dance reality show Nach Baliye in 2005, which was aired on STAR One along with two other judges.
- She also judged the show, Ustaadon ka Ustaad & Boogie Woogie in 2008, aired on Sony TV.
- In 2008, she appeared in the show Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan, which was aired on NDTV Imagine.
- In 2009, she judged the popular show, Nach Baliye alongside, Vaibhavi Merchant and actress Juhi Chawla.
- In 2012, a documentary was produced & released by PSBT and Films Division of India –The Saroj Khan Story, and directed by Nidhi Tuli.
- Her last choreographed song was “Tabaah Hogaye,” featuring Madhuri Dixit from filmmaker Karan Johar’s production Kalank (2019).
References/Sources: [ + ]