|Real Name||Viral Acharya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 March 1974|
|Age (as in 2016)||42 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Mumbai in 1995
Ph.D. in Finance from NYU-Stern in 2001
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Composing Music, Listening to songs, Reading, Writing|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Musicians||S.D. Burman and R.D. Burman|
|Favorite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Viral Acharya
- He was born in a family of medical practitioners.
- After completing his Ph. D. in Finance from NYU-Stern in 2001, he joined the London Business School and served there from 2001 to 2008.
- From 2007 to 2009, he served as the Academic Director of the Coller Institute of Private Equity at LBS.
- In the Summer of 2008, he served as the Senior Houblon-Normal Research Fellow at the Bank of England.
- According to NYU Stern School of Business website, his research interests are in the regulation of banks and financial institutions, corporate finance, credit risk and valuation of corporate debt, and asset pricing with a focus on the effects of liquidity risk.
- He is an ardent follower of the Ex. Governor of RBI, Raghuram Rajan, and has co-authored a number of journals with him. He once described himself as “poor man’s Raghuram Rajan.”
- In an interview, he revealed that once his co-passengers in a flight called him “Raghu Rajan.”
- Besides being a prolific Economist, he has a great passion for music. He is a good music composer and has composed a few songs too like Kya Yeh Wohi Phir Raat Hai – Passion and Yadon Ke Silsele – an Ode to Friends.
- He is a good Cricket player and has played for the IIT Mumbai’s Cricket Team.
- In New York, he sang for a local Indian music band- Surbahaar.
- He also runs an NGO- Pratham which works to promote literacy in India.
- On 28 December 2016, Government of India appointed him the Deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to fill the post which remained vacant after Urjit Patel was elevated to the Governor of RBI.
- The Government of India chose him from over hundred candidates, as for the 1st time, the government advertised to fill up the post of the Deputy Governor of the RBI.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡