|Famous For||Being the winner of Miss International India 2016 title|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Instagram-Rewati Chetri Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 120 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-25-34|
|Debut||Film: Gangs Of North East (2017)
TV: Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (2017)
|Date of Birth||4 July 1993 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Haflong, Assam, India|
|Hometown||Haflong, Assam, India|
|School||St Agnes Convent High School, Haflong, Assam
|College/University||• Lumding College, Lumding, Assam, India
• NEF Law College, Guwahati, Assam, India
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Commerce from Lumding College, Assam Instagram-Rewati Chetri
• Bachelor of Laws from NEF Law College, Guwahati Dainik Bhaskar
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Instagram|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Baburam Chetri (ASEB employee)
Mother- Bina Chetri (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Rohit Chetry
Sister- Reshma Chetri
|Song||What a life by Scarlet Pleasure|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rewati Chetri
- Rewati Chetri is an Indian model and actress who is popularly known for being the title holder of Miss International India 2016. She was awarded as the influencer model of the year 2021 by the India Fashion Awards.
- Rewati was born and brought-up in the Haflong town of Assam, India. She was fond of acting and modelling since her childhood. Soon after completing her formal education she started participation various modelling competitions.
- She stated her pageantry journey in 2015 with participating in Femina Miss India 2015. She was selected among Top – 5 finalist of Miss India Kolkata, East India Audition of Miss India after which she got the opportunity to be a part of Femina Miss India 2015 Top 21 finalist. She won the subtitles of ‘Miss Popular’ and ‘Miss Multimedia’ during the beauty pageant and later was among the Top 10 finalist.
- Later in 2016, Rewati Chetri represented India at the 56th edition of Miss International pageant. The beauty pageant was held in Tokyo, Japan in October 2016. She was the first ever woman from Northeast India to represent India at the Miss International pageant. In the same year, she represented India at the World Miss University 2016 beauty pageant where she won the title of Miss Asia held Beijing, China. Along with the Miss Asia title she also won the ‘Miss Multimedia’ title for her great connection through social media platforms. Talking about it, she said,
This is my third pageant and I have always been elected as ‘Miss Multimedia and Miss Popular’ based on my popularity in social responsibility and it all due to my fellow Indians back home who have always prayed for my success and blessed me with likes, comments and shares.”
- In 2016, Chetri was appointed as the Visit Japan Ambassador by the Commissioner of Japan Tourism Agency, Ministry of Tourism, Land & Infrastructure and Transport of the Japanese Government.
- The Miss International India 2016 title holder made her acting debut through a music video for the Suresh Shama album ‘Tumi Mur,’ produced by Dream House Production and composed by “Bulbul and Rosty” and songs directed by Deepak Dey.
- Next, she was featured as a lead actress in Rupak Gogoi directed Indian romantic Action thriller film ‘Gangs of North East,’ released theatrically on 18 August 2017. The film was released in two languages, Hindi and Khasi.
- Rewati Chetri made her television debut in 2017 with Zing’s television drama series ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya.’ The lead cast of the drama included Surbhi Jyoti, Parth Samthaan. and Meiyang Chang.
- During an interview, when she was asked about who is her inspiration in life, she replied,
Definitely my mother. She has not just taught me but lived by example the kind of life every mother expects her child to live. It is from her I learn how to become a woman of substance.”
- Apart from doing acting and modelling, Miss International India 2016 is also an active social worker. She is often spotted at various charity events and NGO’s in Mumbai. On May 2016, she took part in a candlelight march demanding justice for a brutally assaulted rape victim who was found dead near the Dihing river in Guwahati, Assam. This incident left entire state of Assam in shock and was compared to the Nirbhaya incident of New Delhi. She even pledged to support the victim’s family.
- Rewati Chetri is fluent in multiple languages including Hindi and Assamese. Her mother tongue is Nepali.
- Rewati Chetri claims that Femina Miss India was the turning point of her career. Talking about it, she narrated
If I don’t say Femina Miss India 2015 was my biggest career highlight, neither you nor the readers will believe. Frankly speaking the top 10 finalist yes was a big achievement but bigger was the titles that I won. Miss India Miss Popular and Miss Multimedia are bigger as it is people’s blessings.Miss India Organisation the organisers of Femina Miss India internet gathered reports that I was the most followed, liked, shared, downloaded and talked Miss India finalist and my facebook engagement was twice my nearest contestant. My each facebook posts were viewed by more than 5000 accounts and maximum was over 55000. Out of the 21 contestants I got the highest number of votes (more than 70% of total votes cast) through WeChat application which the Miss India Organization said were in lakhs. Thus I won the public mandated subtitles- Miss India Reliance Digital Miss Multimedia and We Chat Miss Popular besides being the Top 10 finalist of fbb Femina Miss India 2015.”
- Rewati Chetri has walked the runway for various renowned designers in India including Tarun Tahiliani, Ritu Beri. Rohit Bal, Ritu Kumar, and Falguni Shane Peacock.
- She has feature in multiple television advertisements opposite actors like Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma.
- In 2015, Rewati Chetri was listed in the Top 50 of Times Most Desirable Women 2015 along with top Bollywood actresses like Anushka Sharma and Kangana Ranaut.
- She describes her personal style as “Dress as you Desire, You look Best when you Feel Best.”
- In one of her interviews, a media spokesperson questioned her
People often say that pageants mislead young girls especially. And we believe you have faced that issue as well. What positive message would you convey on it?”
To which she replied,
Message, It will sound like a formality but I must take this opportunity to thank most of aspiring models and friends across the region, nation and globe from the bottom of my heart for all the support they have given me. To all the aspiring models I would like to say if you can dream it you can definitely make it too. Work hard, be genuine and dream big. The doors of opportunity are always open. Modeling is not as easy as it looks but if you have the dedication and commitment you can definitely make it happen. I strongly believe that each one of us are here for a purpose. Even if we are not good at everything, each of us are definitely good at something. Discover what your talents are and pour your heart and soul into developing it and definitely each one of us can go a long way in our respective fields.”