|Known For||Poonam is known for making controversial statements|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 6"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 56 kg
in pounds- 123lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-26-34|
|Debut||Film : Nasha (2013)
TV Serial: Total Nadaniyaan (2015)
Reality Show - Khatron Ke Khiladi (2011)
|Date of Birth||11 March 1991|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Hobbies||Yoga and meditation|
|Controversies||Often making an obscene statement
• During the 2011 World Cup she said that she will strip if India will win the World Cup. After India won, she wanted to strip but didn't get permission from BCCI to strip. So, she did a semi-nude picture for her fans.
• In 2011, an altered nude picture of her next to Sachin as a Hindu God and a Pakistani cricketer bowing at him created a huge controversy in Kolkata as Muslim protests against it.
• In 2012, Poonam Pandey stripped naked after the Kolkata Knight Riders won IPL trophy.
• In 2012, a fake social media account of Chitrangada Singh was made, in which an image was shared of Poonam Pandey saying that
How do you compete with Poonam Pandey when she is ready strip for kabbadi matches?'
On this Poonam tweeted to her fans that
"'Tweethearts!! it really feels gr8 when people use ur name to garner Publicity! it reminds me a dialouge from the film GURU. "Jab Log tumhare khilaf bolne lage Samajh lo Taraki kar rahe ho" – GURU.' and "'Its so funny how the people who know the least about you, have the most to say. Jealousy: That's what makes a b talk"
• Bold Posters
In 2013, after the release of the Bollywood movie, Nasha, the bold posters from the movie created anger in the people of the Mahim area in Mumbai. On July 20, a group of protestors tore the posters and set them on fire
For Indecent Behaviour
• In 2014, she was questioned by the Mumbai Police for her indecent behaviour while driving.
• On 17 April 2017, Poonam Pandey launched an application that contained information about her. Later, the application was removed by google. On which Poonam tweeted
Google has suspended the app but Android users can directly download #ThePoonamPandeyApp from my website.
Complaint Against Raj Kundra
• In 2019, Poonam Pandey filed a complaint against Shilpa Shetty's husband,Raj Kundra. She said that her phone number along with the tagline: 'Call me, I will strip for you, was published on the application that was managed by Raj Kundra's company. The Police refused to file a complaint so Poonam filed a petition in Bombay High Court. Poonam also revealed that she was facing a lot of trouble as people across India were calling her, requesting her to "strip". Poonam also said, "I will approach the cyber-crime cell, too. I am going through this nightmare just because I refused to work with them.I am living under constant threats of abduction, rape, murder and acid attack. My right to live and privacy has been affected. Just because I am Poonam Pandey, you can't subject me to this treatment." On 13 December 2022, the Supreme Court of India granted anticipatory bail to her and others, including Raj Kundra and Sherlyn Chopra, in connection with an FIR against them for allegedly distributing pornographic videos. The Hindu
Arrested for Filming Adult Video on Government Property
• On 5 November 2020, Poonam Pandey was arrested in North Goa for filming a nude video on government property. The complaint was filed by the Goa Forward Party and was stated to the media that Poonam's video was an assault on the women of Goa.
• On 22 September 2020, thirteen days after marriage, she filed an F.I.R. against her husband, Sam Ahmed Bombay, at South Goa's Canacona police station. In the FIR, Poonam alleged that over a personal dispute, her husband had assaulted and slapped her, and he also threatened her with dire consequences. Following the FIR, Sam Bombay was arrested in Goa. Hindustan Times
• On 9 November 2021, she lodged a complaint against her husband, Sam Bombay, at a police station in Mumbai for physically assaulting her following which Sam was arrested by the Mumbai Police. In a statement, the Mumbai Police said, "The case has been registered against Sam Bombay under the sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC). The actress has suffered serious injuries on her head, eyes and face." NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends|| DIG Paraskar
|Marriage Date||1 September 2020 (Tuesday)|
|Parents||Father- Shobhanath Pandey
Mother- Vidhya Pandey
|Food||Pizza and burger|
|Actor (s)||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and Rajinikanth|
|Actress (s)||Sridevi, Rekha, Madhuri Dixit and Kajol|
|Film (s)||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani|
|Colour (s)||Yellow and pink|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Poonam Pandey
- Poonam Pandey is an Indian model and actress, who is known for her controversies. She started her career in modelling at the age of sixteen.
- According to Poonam, her parents never wanted her to be a part of the film industry. Poonam once revealed that when she made an announcement on Twitter about her getting naked during world cup time, her family was surprised, however, later on, they became used to it and accepted her decisions.
- In 2011, Poonam Pandey did a photoshoot for the most-awaited Gladrags calendar and later in 2012, she was featured in the kingfisher calendar.
- In 2013, Poonam Pandey was criticized for her acting skills for her Bollywood debut movie, Nasha.
- In 2011, Poonam Pandey appeared as a contestant in the reality show, Khatron Ke Khiladi, for which she was paid fifty lakh.
- In an interview, Poonam revealed that she is addicted to online shopping sites like Myntra. YouTube- Ronak Kotecha
- Poonam Pandey on telling the media about the idea of the announcement during the time of the India world cup came to her mind. On this she said
I was sitting with my journalist friends and we were discussing doing something really big. I had done some 25-30 calendar shoots. All were big enough, but that recognition was missing. Then I saw there were so many girls in this industry who had worked with the Khans and the Kapoors, but people still did not recognise them as they know only Khans and Kapoors. In such a scenario, it’s very difficult to get your own identity, especially if you come from nowhere. Hence, to get that identity and recognition, I thought only controversy could help”
- Poonam Pandey in an interview expressed her desire to see herself in a role, where she is in a saree and a ghoonghat. The Indian Express
- According to Poonam, she watched the Bollywood movie, Dil Chahta Hai, fifteen times during the pandemic. YouTube- FilmiBeat
- Once Poonam Pandey said that after working in the movie, Nasha, she got many offers from Bollywood, however, the offers she got were not according to her expectations.
- Once Poonam Pandey revealed in an interview that she finds actor, Suniel Shetty, an ideal husband. YouTube-Ronak Kotecha
- In 2022, Poonam Pandey came as a contestant in the reality show, Lock Upp, directed by Ekta Kapoor and hosted by actress, Kangana Ranaut. According to Poonam she always desired to work with Ekta Kapoor. Talking about Kangana Ranaut she quoted
She has inspired me for a very long time. I really like women who are opinionated and not scared of anyone. Honestly, we girls are conditioned and trained to be a certain way. And when someone breaks that image and becomes who they want to be, that’s so beautiful. She has broken past the prejudiced system and I can’t wait to interact with her
- Poonam revealed in the reality show, Lock Upp, that after marriage, she tried committing suicide multiple times due to the constant physical abuse by her ex-husband, Sam Bombay. Hindustan Times
- Poonam Pandey, considers actress, Katrina Kaif, as her inspiration.
- In 2013, Poonam Pandey did a Grab Nasha Bikini on Twitter before the release of her film Nasha.
- In 2013, Poonam Pandey was approached for Bigg Boss season 7, however, she refused the offer due to money issues. Hindustan Times
- As per Poonam, she is a huge fan of the Indian Cricket team.
- Poonam Pandey once said that she desires to be reborn as Indira Gandhi.