|Profession(s)||Student and Singer|
|Famous As||Chhota Rafi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||Year 1997|
|Age (as in 2020)||23 Years|
|School||Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan, Chevayur, Kerala|
|College/University||Xinjiang Medical University, China|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Medicine Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sunil P Nedunghat
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Vaibhav Kishan, Younger (Medical Student)
|Hollywood Singer(s)||Elvis, Jim Reeves, Kenny Rogers, and Don Williams|
|Bollywood Singer(s)||Mohammed Rafi, Arijit Singh, and Sonu Nigam|
|Song||‘Abhi Na Jao Chhodkar’ from ‘Hum Dono’ (1961)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saurav Kishan
- Saurav Kishan is an Indian singer, and he is popularly known as “Chhota Rafi.”
- His grandfather was a homoeopathy doctor and was very fond of music. It was Saurav’s grandfather only from where Saurav got an inspiration to start learning music.
- At the age of 3, he started learning music, and when he was three-and-a-half, he performed for the first time at a concert on Doordarshan TV.
- He then participated as a contestant in the TV singing reality show, ‘Gandharva Sangeetam’ in 2008. In the show, late Indian music director, Johnson noticed him and realised that Saurav’s voice is almost similar to the legendary Indian singer, Mohammed Rafi. He then nicknamed Saurav as “Chhota Rafi.” In an interview, Saurav said,
Music is my passion; I remember singing at a music reality show when I was 10, where late Johnson Master (music composer who worked in Malayalam cinema) said my singing sounded like listening to a Chhota Rafi sa’ab! I happened to sing the song at Gandharva Sangeetam and after listening to me, Johnson sir asked me to focus only on Mohammad Rafi songs and nicknamed me Chhota Rafi.”
- He is trained in various music forms. He is trained in Carnatic music under the singing guru, Pratapan, and he got his training in the Hindustani music under his guru, Bijai Sursain.
- In one of his singing performances, the eldest son of Mohammed Rafi, Shahid Rafi, listened to his song and said,
You sound so much like my father!”
- He is well trained in singing a range of songs like fast numbers, patriotic songs, romantic numbers, qawwalis, bhajans, and classical songs.
- From his 12th standard, he has been performing at Mohammed Rafi Foundation’s events at Tagore Hall on Kozhikode beach.
- In 2020, during the coronavirus lockdown, he uploaded a music video which was reposted by Judish Raj which went viral on social media. In this video, he was singing the Hindi song, “Teri Aankhon Ke Siva Duniya Mein Rakha Kya Hai” from the Hindi film, ‘Chirag’ (1969).
- He received appreciation from various Indian celebrities, like Anand Mahindra, Shankar Mahadevan, and Niti Aayog CEO and former Kozhikode Collector, Amitabh Kant.
- Though he cannot speak Hindi fluently, yet he has memorised the lyrics of 800 Hindi songs of the legendary Indian singer, Late Mohammed Rafi.
- He has also won many awards for his singing.
- He loves to spend time with his pet dogs. He has two pet dogs, and one of them is Brownie.
References/Sources: [ + ]