|Pakistan’s favourite villain The Express Tribune
|Playing the role of Saqa Kanjar in the film Bol in 2011
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Date of Birth
|20 November 1955 (Sunday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Jamia Naeemia Lahore University in Lahore, Pakistan
Note- Shafqat considers himself a hafiz and qari of the Quran. Moin Zubair-Official - YouTube (Hafiz is the person, who has completely memorized the Quran and qari is the person who recites the Quran with the proper rules of recitation)
|Relationships & More
|Name not known
|Son- Sheharyar Cheema (a Pakistani actor)
Daughter(s)- 6 (names not known)
|Father- Muazzam [an Aalim (scholar)]
Mother- Name not known
|Sister(s)- 2 (names not known)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shafqat Cheema
- Shafqat Cheema is a Pakistani actor and producer who primarily plays the role of villain in Lollywood films. In October 2022, he played the role of Jeeva Natt in the film The Legend of Maula Jatt starring Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan; the film became the first highest-grossing Pakistani film, which entered the 100-crore club within 10 days of its release. DNA India
- Shafqat, in an interview, revealed that his father wanted him to pursue his career as an Aalim (scholar). But, by coincidence, Shafqat went to Shahnoor Studios in Pakistan and decided to become an actor. At the beginning of his career, he worked as a stuntman in films. In 1989, after working as a stuntman for around 16 years, Shafqat got a chance to appear in a supporting role as Qasim in the film Kalka.
- Shafqat has appeared in Lollywood films like Parinday as Afzal (1992), Pajero Group as Haji Rasheed Ahmed (1994), Ishtehari Gujjar as Ghulam-E-Mustafa (2001), Naag aur Nagin as Changez (2005), Kafra as Balwant Singh (2011), Main Hoon Shahid Afridi as Bashir Bhatti (2013), and Geo Sar Utha Kay as Ghulam Rasool (2017).
- In February 2011, Shafqat played the role of Abdul Ghafoor in the television show Khuda Aur Muhabbat on Geo Entertainment.
- In June 2012, Shafqat appeared in the television show Ashk in which he played the role of Dinga on Geo Entertainment. In February 2013, he appeared as Kedo in the show Heer Ranjha on PTV Home.
- In an interview, on being asked about his experience of working as a villain in the films, Shafqat replied,
The art of being a villain lies in maturity and the willingness to immerse yourself in a role so that the hero can feel your presence. When I started negative roles, my mentor showed me clips of an Anthony Quinn film, and I learnt that the trick was to focus on the eyes.” The Express Tribune
- In an interview, on being asked the reason behind not appearing in the lead role for the films, Shafqat revealed that during the initial stage of his career, his mentors advised him that no one would cast him as a hero, but if he performed well in a negative role then only the directors would consider him for the lead villain role. The Express Tribune
- Shafqat, in an interview, talked about an incident when he almost faced death. While shooting for an action sequence for the film Dil Sambhala Na Jaye near the Rawal lake in Islamabad, Shafqat fell into the water and started drowning. His cousin brother, Nadeem Cheema, who was unaware of swimming, jumped into the water to save him. Later, some local men came to help and saved them. He said,
Once upon a time, we were shooting for a film “Dil Sambhala Na Jaye ” at Rawal lake Islamabad, I and Saud were shooting a fighting scene in the water. While performing for the scene Saud jumped on me and both of us went into the bog. I didn’t know how to swim but Saud did, I told him to save me or I will drown. I was screaming Help me! Help me! But Saud pushed me away, went out of the water, and saved himself. I was all drowned in water and lost my voice because my lungs were filled with water, I started giving signals with my hands and saw my younger brother Naveed Cheema jumping to save me, he also didn’t know how to swim and he drowned in front of my eyes.” Daily Times
- In November 2019, some fake news regarding Shafqat Cheema’s son’s death surfaced on social media. Later, it was confirmed that the news was not about Shafqat Cheema’s son, Sheharyar Cheema, but it was about the son of the director of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Shafqat Ali Cheema, who died in a car accident. Later, Shafqat took to social media to express his resentment towards the media sources, who were responsible for spreading the fake news of his son’s death, and said,
- In June 2021, Shafqat was featured in the music video Khat, sung by Masuma Anwar.
- In an interview, Shafqat expressed his feelings for Reema Khan, a Pakistani television host, actress, and former stage dancer. Shafqat revealed that he had a huge crush on her, and he even proposed to her, but Reema rejected his proposal. Daily Motion
- Shafqat Cheema performed in the play Munda Bigra Jaye in March 2022, which was presented at Rawalpindi Arts Council (RAC) in Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan.