|Full name||Shama Sikander Gesawat Hindustan Times|
|Famous For||Playing the role of Pooja in the television show Ye Meri Life Hai (2003-2005)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||30-28-34|
|Debut||Film: Prem Aggan (1998) as Pooja
TV Show: Yeh Meri Life Hai (2003-2005) as Pooja
TV Reality Show: Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena (2008)
|Awards||• In 2004, she won the GR8 Face of the Year at Indian Television Academy Awards.
• In 2004, she won the award for Best Debut at Indian Television Academy Awards.
• In 2005, she won Critics' Choice: Best Actress at 12th Lions Gold Awards.
• In 2005, she won Best Face of Sony TV.
• In 2017, she won Fitness Diva at Perfect Achievers Award.
• In 2019, she won the Most Beautiful Woman of the Year at Aspiring She.
• In 2019, she won Style Icon of the Year at International Quality Awards.
• In 2019, she won Most Promising Actor at Black Swan Awards, Asia One.
|Date of Birth||4 August 1981 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||40 Years|
|School||She attended nine schools.|
|College/University||Roshan Taneja School of Acting, Mumbai (1995)|
|Educational Qualification||She did graduation at Roshan Taneja School of Acting, Mumbai in 1995.|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Dancing, Painting|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Alexx O'Nell (2011-2015)
• James Milliron
|Marriage Date||14 March 2022
|Parents||Father- Sikander Gesawat (marble supplier)
Mother- Gulshan (homemaker)
• Khalid Sikander
• Rizwan Sikander
Sister- Salma Sikander
|Actor(s)||Meryl Streep, Daniel Day-Lewis|
|Film(s)||Bollywood- Black (2005), Queen (2013), Mr. India (1987)
Hollywood- Gangs of New York (2002), Titanic (1997), Phantom Thread (2017)
|Colour(s)||Black, Red, White|
|Cuisine(s)||Italian, Moroccan, Turkish|
|Holiday destination(s)||Switzerland, Greece|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shama Sikander
- Shama Sikander is an Indian actress and model who is known for her role as Pooja in the television show Ye Meri Life Hai (2003-2005).
- In an interview, Shama said that when she was ten years old, she heard her parents talking to each other and saying that there was no food in the house to feed the family. She further said that on that day, she decided to work hard and become very successful so that she could look after her family and fulfil their needs.
- She has featured in many Hindi films including Mann (1999), Ansh: The Deadly Part (2002), Dhoom Dadakka (2008), Contract (2008), and Bypass Road (2019).
- She made her Bollywood debut at the age of sixteen. She appeared in many television shows including C.I.D. (2006), Jodee Kamaal Ki (2007), Kaajjal (2008), Seven (2010-2011), and Baal Veer (2012-2014).
- In 2008, she hosted the reality show Jet Set Go. She appeared as a contestant in the reality show Jjhoom India in 2010. In 2010, she also appeared in the dance reality show Boogie Woogie.
- On 3 December 2010, she launched her fashion label Saisha in Mumbai. The inauguration of the store was done by Sushmita Sen in Bandra.
- In 2012, Shama featured in a music video that was produced by Shama and composed by her ex-boyfriend Alexx O’Nell.
- In 2016, she appeared in the web series Maaya, which was nominated for Marseille Web Fest Official Selection 2017. In 2016, Shama also became a part of the short movie Sexaholic. In an interview, she talked about playing a bold role in the film and said,
Sexual awareness is more important in today’s times when there are so many incidents of rape happening all around us. The film addresses a problem and questions why people don’t seek treatment or even accept their problem. Why is the whole world so scared to talk about sex.”
- She produced and acted in a YouTube video series Ab Dil Ki Sunn in 2018 that has seven episodes and was produced under her own production company Shama Sikander Films Pvt. Ltd. The videos are based on bipolar disorder, depression, and other social causes. In an interview, she said that the film was based on her life. She further added,
My home production’s first project is titled ‘Ab Dil Ki Sun’. It includes seven short films which are based on different human aspects. It’s actually inspired by my life and my life’s real incidents which we have fictionalised.”
- She featured in many music videos including Raat Chandani (2001), Mehfil Mitran Di (2001), Baje Jo Bansi Thama Karo (2002), Kabhi Mausam Hua Resham (2002), and Hawa Karda (2021).
- She is usually in the news for her sensuality. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I have always said that I’ll do only what I am comfortable doing and wear what I feel comfortable in. There’s a very thin line between looking vulgar and sensuous. I’d like to look sensuous and not vulgar.”
- In 2016, Shama talked about the time she went through depression and bipolar disorder, and she even tried to commit suicide. In an interview, she said,
Though my life was going great, I was bored of it; nothing would impress or excite me. I even tried to commit suicide one night. I kissed my mother good night and told her not to wake me up. After that, I swallowed several sleeping pills at one go. Just before slipping away, I texted my brother my bank account details, which made him panic. He immediately called my mother to check on me and I was rushed to the hospital three hours later.”
- On 14 March 2022, she got married to an American businessman, James Milliron, in Goa. Shama and James started dating each other in 2015 after they met through a mutual friend in Mumbai. They also got engaged in 2015. In an interview, Shama talked about their relationship and said,
James and I have been companions for a very long time and have been living like partners. So, life isn’t going to change much other than his surname added to mine (smiles). We are open-minded people and so are our families. We have accepted each other the way we are and don’t wish to change a thing about each other.”
- In an Instagram post, Shama shared how much her face had changed over the years. It was also rumoured that she went through plastic surgery, but in an interview, she talked about this and said,
I have not had any plastic surgery. Don’t know why people say this to me when it is just a cosmetic procedure. When people saw me, I was younger and growing up at that time. Apparently, some physical changes were happening at that time. But after now if you see any change in me, then tell me.”
- She is often spotted enjoying alcoholic beverages and having hookah on various occasions.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- She is often featured in various newspapers and on magazine covers.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.