|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 28 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Actor (Film): Maheshinte Prathikaaram (2016)
Producer (web series): Anger Tales (2023)
|Award||September 2023: Best Actor in a Negative Role (Telugu) Award at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA), held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE, for the film ‘HIT: The Second Case’
|Date of Birth||19 August 1990 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh|
|College/University||Kakarparthi Bhavanarayana College in Vijayawada|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc in Computer Science|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Naga Lalitha (2010-2017)
|Marriage Date||26 August 2017
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (police officer in Vijayawada)
Mother- Name Not Known (homemaker)
Brother- Pramod Pagolu (elder)
|Actor||S. V. Ranga Rao|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suhas
- Suhas is an Indian actor and producer who primarily works in the Telugu film industry. He worked as a producer and an actor in the series Anger Tales (2023) on Disney+ Hotstar.
- Suhas was four years old when he first saw a Telugu film, which was Kadhalan (1994) starring Prabhu Deva. He used to imitate the Indian Michael Jackson and danced in his style. In an interview, he talked about his childhood and said,
I used to dance; I would also imitate veteran actors Dharmavarapu Subramanyam, Kota Srinivasa Rao and Brahmanandam. I never dreamt I would become an actor. After becoming an actor, I never thought I could be a hero. With opportunities coming my way, I am determined to deliver.”
- As a child, he used to picture himself as a choreographer when he grows up.
- While he was studying in school, he often participated in dance competitions and was declared the winner majority of times.
- While he was a student in college, he often participated in youth fests and performed skits. According to him, his performances helped him nurture his interest in films. In an interview, he talked about how he
Acting and performing, in general, was something I’ve always been interested in since I was young. It started with a theatre in my home town. I participated in youth fests and performed skits at college events. This really helped nurture my early interest in films. After completing my studies, I came to Hyderabad to pursue my career in acting. I was too tired of searching for opportunities in the industry. Then I got an idea and started making my own short films that struck the right chord with the hearts of the viewers. Eventually, it grew to do feature films. I’ve always enjoyed being able to entertain a crowd and act out a different character, in front of an audience. All I can say is if it’s something you really want, you have to go out there and make it happen.”
- He moved to Hyderabad in 2013 to pursue a music career since he was so keen to work in the film industry.
- When Suhas first thought about attempting his luck in the film industry, Teja Kakumanu was the one who encouraged him. Suhas regards actor Teja Kakumanu as his mentor. Suhas questions whether he would have become an actor if it weren’t for Teja’s support and the dramatics club.
I was content doing dance performances but he encouraged me to do a one-act play in college. The claps I got for it motivated me to act more.”
- When he got to Hyderabad, he faced several difficulties. Suhas appeared in many auditions and advertisements but was unsuccessful in getting roles. He then started producing his own videos and received good reviews on them. His friends helped him financially; Phani and Balaji (the names of Suhas’ friends) sent him a sum of money every month and motivated him to never give up on his dreams.
- The opportunity to work as an actor on Chai Bisket’s YouTube channel was given to him by Sandeep Raj. Suhas worked on more than 50 short films with Chai Bisket including Radhika Nandan – A Psycho Thriller (2016), Bangaram (2016), Nenorakam (2016), The Athidhi (2017), and Kalakaarudu (2017).
- Talking about working with Chai Bisket, Suhas said,
It’s been inspirational; whenever I have worked with Chai Bisket, I got motivated to do my best. Chai Bisket has one of the best young talented technicians who want to do something differently, they want to try and bring a different level of work to the video sharing platform, which really fascinates me.”
- After Suhas’s performance as Jonty in the 2019 Telugu film Majili, people began referring to him as “Majili Suhas.”
- He played the lead role of Jayakrishna alias Kittu, Kannaya in the 2020 Telugu-language period romance drama film Colour Photo for which he garnered immense appreciation as well as good reviews. The film won the National Award for Best Telugu Film at the 68th National Film Awards.
- When Suhas was offered to act in the film Colour Photo (2020), he got scared to play the lead role. In an interview, he revealed that his friends actually advised him not to take up the part as they thought it might put his career at risk.
When Sandeep (writer and director Sandeep Raj) asked me to play the main lead, I was scared… vanukochesindi (I was shivering). In a flash, I recalled my tough days as a struggling actor. Until that point, I was doing well in supporting parts, in comic roles as the hero’s friend in many films. I had recently got married and I wasn’t sure if this is a risk worth taking. My friends advised me against it.”
- In 2017, he played the role of Lucky in a YouTube Mini-series titled Nenu Mee Kalyan. Other series in which Suhas appeared are Shit Happens (2020) on Aha Originals and Anger Tales (2023) on Disney+ Hotstar.
- From playing supporting roles to lead roles, Suhas has appeared in several films including Padi Padi Leche Manasu (2018), Dear Comrade (2019), Family Drama (2021), HIT: The Second Case (2022), and Mishan Impossible(2022).
- In 2023, he played the role of P. Padmabhushan in the Telugu film Writer Padma Bhushan (2023) and appeared alongside Tina Shilparaj.
- In an interview, he revealed that he is a fan of Kota Srinivasa Rao’s performances.
- He owns a Sony A7R3 with a 200-600 mm lens camera.
- Suhas consumes alcoholic beverages occasionally.