Sukhbir (Singer) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Sukhbir Singh|
|Nickname||Prince of Bhangra|
|Famous For||His song "Oh Ho Ho...Ishq Tera Tadpave"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Debut||Album: New Stylee (1996)
Bollywood Singing: "Dil Laga Na" from the film Dhoom 2 (2006)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1996- Channel V Awards: Best Debut Album, Best Male Vocalist and Best Music Video for the song "Punjabi Munde"|
|Date of Birth||9 November 1969|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, Punjab, India Hindustan Times|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Parklands High School Nairobi, Kenya Hindustan Times|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Information Technology|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Workouts Hindustan Times, Fishing, Flying, Reading IndianJ|
|Controversy||In 2015, Sukhbir was detained at the Lahore Airport for carrying $27,000, which was in excess of the permissible limits (permissible limit was $10,000). Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Minal Singh (Dimpy) IndianJ|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (A Priest in Sikh Community)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Food||Contemporary Japanese Cuisine Hindustan Times|
|Favourite Film||The Fifth Element (1997) Hindustan Times|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Diljit Dosanjh, Michael Jackson Hindustan Times, Lata Mangeshkar, Jagjit Singh, Asha Bhosle, Bob Marley, Def Leppard IndianJ|
|Favourite Song(s)||• "London Thumakda" from the film 'Queen'
• "Main Tenu Samjhawan Ki" from the film 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania'
|Favourite Destination(s)||Maldives, Nairobi Hindustan Times|
|Salary (approx.)||In 2015, Sukhbir was given $30,000 to perform at an event in Pakistan Indian Express|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sukhbir Singh
- Sukhbir hails from a very religious Punjabi-Sikh family from Dalli Village, Bhogpur Tehsil, Jalandhar District, Punjab. IndianJ
- When he was 3 years old, his family migrated to Nairobi, Kenya. While he was growing up, he used to accompany his priest father at the gurudwaras and sing shabads (hymn or paragraph or sections of the Holy Text).
- He has always been a gifted musician who has had the ability to play almost any musical instrument since his childhood.
- He learned the Indian classical music from his father, who also wrote most of his songs.
- Though he aspired to become an IT professional, upon advice to become a singer from a Kenyan businessman, Ketan Somaia, he decided to make his career in singing.
- His singing talent was first discovered by a hardware shop assistant, who spotted Sukhbir at a club. Soon after, Sukhbir started doing worldwide tours with him to perform at private parties.
- After spending around 18 years in Nairobi, he moved to London, where he began recording in 1991, but in 1992, he moved to Dubai to avoid taxes. Over there, his partner defrauded him after which, Sukhbir broke his partnership and rebuild his career. Masala
- His debut album ‘New Stylee’ became a huge success in the 90’s, for which he was given 3 Channel V awards.
- According to him, since the release of his song “Oh Ho Ho…Ishq Tera Tadpave” in 1999, the majority of his earning has been from this song only.
- In 2012, he made a cameo in the Punjabi film ‘Pata Nahi Rabb Kehdeyan Rangan Ch Raazi’ as himself.
- Although he has made his mark as a bhangra pop singer, his favourite genre of music still remains ghazals.
- He has developed a passion for flying; and in an interview, he said, “I am learning how to fly a plane and become a pilot.”
- He can sing in 9 languages including- Hindi, Punjabi, English, Swahili, Portuguese, Arabic, and Spanish.
- He was one of the singers of the ‘Dhoom 2’ song “Dil Lagaana.”