Age: 50 Years
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
Husband: Sadanand Sule
|Birth name||Supriya Pawar|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Agriculturist, Businesswoman|
|Famous For||Being the daughter of Sharad Pawar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Political Party||Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
|Political Journey||• In September 2006, she was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra.
• In 2009, she contested the Lok Sabha Elections from the Baramati Constituency of Maharashtra and won by a huge margin of 3.36 lacs votes.
• On 10 June 2012, she launched the "Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress" in Mumbai's Shanmukhanand Hall on NCP's 12th foundation day to give young girls a platform to join politics.
• In 2014, she was re-elected from the Baramati Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.
• In 2019, she was elected again from Baramati.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||"Mumbai Woman of the Decade" Achievers Award by the "ALL Ladies League" for her outstanding contribution to social service|
|Date of Birth||30 June 1969 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Poona, Maharashtra (present-day Pune)|
|School||St. Columbus School, Pune Dainik Bhaskar|
|College/University Mumbai Mirror||• Jai Hind College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
• University of California, Berkeley
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc in Microbiology from the Jai Hind College in 1992
• Post Graduation in Water Pollution from the University of California PressReader
|Caste||OBC Gazette of India
Note: According to the Gazette of India, those who have surnames like 'Powar' or 'Pawar' but don't belong to this community, should not be included in the aforementioned community.
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Twitter|
|Address||Pawar Bangla, Aamrai, Baramati, Maharashtra|
|Hobbies||Doing Social Work|
|Controversies||• Reportedly, in April 2010, when Sharad Pawar was the BCCI President, Supriya Sule, along with the Pawar family, had a 16% equity in City Corporation, a company which took part in the IPL bidding of a cricket team. There were several financial links and irregularities between the Pawars and the company's bid. However, Sule and the Pawar family denied having any involvement in the company's bidding. Economic Times
• On 13 September 2019, Supriya Sule was harassed by a cabbie at Central Mumbai's Dadar terminus. Reportedly, the cabbie barged into her railway compartment, and he forcibly tried to offer a taxi service to her. Even after refusing the taxi service, he blocked her path and also posed for a selfie with her. India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||4 March 1992|
|Husband/Spouse||Sadanand Sule (Businessman)
|Children||Son- Vijay Sule
Daughter- Revati Sule
|Parents||Father- Sharad Pawar (Politician)
Mother- Pratibha Pawar
|Siblings||Brother- Ajit Pawar (Cousin; Politician)
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019) MyNeta||Cash: 28,770 INR
Bank Deposits: 27.60 crores INR
Jewellery: 1717.60 gm Gold worth 52.54 lacs INR; 6742.10 gm Silver worth 2.67 lacs INR; Diamonds worth 1.13 crores INR
Agricultural Lands: worth 2.70 crores INR
Non-Agricultural Lands: worth 1.03 crores INR
Residential Buildings: 18.81 crores INR
|Salary (approx.)||1 lac + other allowances (as an MP)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||140.88 crores INR (as in 2019) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Supriya Sule
- Supriya Sule is a prominent Indian politician from the NCP. She is a 3-time Lok Sabha MP and the daughter of Sharad Pawar.
- She moved to California after completing her college studies. In California, she studied water pollution. Thereafter, she stayed in Indonesia and Singapore before returning to Mumbai.
- In 2006, after she was elected to the Rajya Sabha, she started a state-level campaign against female foeticide. The campaign involved padayatras, college-events, competitions, and other activities.
- In 2009, she contested the General Elections from the Baramati Lok Sabha Constituency. The Baramati Constituency had been the stronghold of her father, Sharad Pawar. She was re-elected from Baramati in 2014 and 2019.
- She is very active on social media, and she often shares moments from her political and personal life on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- She has always been very vocal about issues regarding women. She has often voiced her opinion for women empowerment, against the dowry system, and female foeticide.
- She is a very social person, and she is good friends with many female MPs from different parties.
- She likes dining at dhabas and street food joints rather than high-end restaurants.
- It was speculated that she would be taking on a bigger role in the NCP when she greeted the MLAs of the NCP, Shiv Sena, and Congress before they entered the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha after the government formation in November 2019.
- She has a dog named Luka. Once, she shared a picture of the dog on her social media accounts with the caption- “With our new family member Luka Sule.”