Age: 66 Years
Husband: Tahir Hussain Kardar
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)
Note: Uzma Kardar was expelled from the the basic membership of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party in 2020.
|• In 1992, she served as the Councillor of the District Council and retained the post till 1997.
• On 15 August 2018, Uzma was elected as the Member of the Provincial Asssembly of Punjab, Pakistan from one of the seats reserved for women in the province. She was appointed as the Chairperson of the Standing Committee on Gender Mainstreaming (Women Development).
|Date of Birth
|8 April 1956 (Sunday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Convent of Jesus and Mary, Murree school in Murree, Punjab, Pakistan
|Kinnaird College for Women in Lahore, Pakistan (1976)
|Pursued a Bachelor of Arts degree at the Kinnaird College for Women Uzma Kardar - Facebook
|Islam ((Provincial Assembly of The Punjab))
|3-H, Model Town, Lahore
|Expelled from the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party over violating rules
In 2020, Uzma Kardar was expelled from the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party over violating rules. Reportedly, an audio went viral in 2020 in which Uzma was purportedly heard speaking about the influence and importance of military establishment on government and commenting on Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi, claiming Bushra's control over the matters of the Pakistan Cabinet. According to sources, Uzma, in the leaked audio, said,
The establishment, the government and Prime Minister Imran Khan are going hand-in-hand. No government in Pakistan can be run without the support of the military establishment."
After a few days, the PTI released an official statement and declared Uzma's expulsion from the party. The PTI mentioned the 'violation of rules' as the primary reason for her expulsion.
In an interview, Uzma Kardar declared the leaked controversial audio fake and claimed that a personal conversation was presented in a distorted and negative way with a fake voiceover. Uzma added that her loyalty to Imran Khan and the party is unquestionable, and she could never speak against Imran Khan and his wife, Bushra Bibi, whom she considered to be a pious person. Uzma Kardar talked about it in an interview and said,
My loyalty with my party and Prime Minister Imran Khan is unquestionable. The chief minister is the leader of my team and I hold him in high regard. He has been very appreciative of my work." The News International
|Relationships & More
|Tahir Hussain Kardar (Retired army officer-turned-politician)
• Ahmad Kardar (Import Export Manager at PepsiCo)
• Amna Kardar (Owner and Photographer at Amna Kardar Makeup Studio)
• Fatima Kardar (Chief Technical Advisor at Microsoft)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Uzma Kardar
- Uzma Kardar, a Pakistani politician and educationist, is a former supporter of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party in Pakistan.
- According to some sources, she belongs to an Arian family in Lahore; Arian is a large Punjabi agricultural tribe with a strong political identity and organisation found mainly in the Pakistani provinces of Punjab and Sindh.
- As per some sources, in 2008, Uzma started writing many articles for some Pakistani newspapers.
- Reportedly, she is the official media spokesperson of the Punjab Government in Pakistan.
- According to some sources, Uzma Kardar once attended National Security Workshop Course 20 at National Defence University, Islamabad and secured the highest position, She was then selected to make a presentation on behalf of the entire batch in front of the then President of Pakistan.
- Uzma Kardar has served as a member of the Punjab Curriculum & Textbook Board Lahore, Kashmir Committee Punjab, and Lahore College for Women University.