Venugopal Dhoot Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Aurangabad, Maharashtra
Age: 71 Years
Wife: Ramabai Dhoot
|Full name||Venugopal Nandlal Dhoot Bloomberg Videocon Indiustries|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper|
|Awards||2005: Won Marathwada Bhushan Award
2006: Won Elcina Electronics Man of the Year Award (2005-2006) The Economic Times
|Date of Birth||30 September 1951 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||71 Years|
|Hometown||Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||College of Engineering, Pune University in Pune, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||Holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering Videocon Industries|
|Religion||Hinduism Business Today|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian The Economic Times|
|Controversy||ICICI-Videocon loan fraud case
In April 2018, Venugopal Dhoot had to face questions of conflict of interest in the Videocon loan controversy. The CBI registered a preliminary enquiry, naming him, Chanda Kochhar's husband, Deepak Kochhar, and others to investigate the alleged wrongdoing in the sanctioning of a Rs. 3,250 crore ICICI loan to the Videocon Group. On 23 December 2022, the CBI arrested Chanda Kochhar and her husband, Deepak Kochhar, in a case linked to alleged irregularities in an over Rs. 3,000-crore loan provided to the Videocon Group when she was heading the ICCI Bank. The CBI accused her of criminal conspiracy and cheating for alleged irregularities in a loan of Rs. 3,250 crore in 2012 to the Videocon Group, which became a non-performing asset for the ICICI Bank. Reportedly, her husband, Deepak Kochhar, founded a company named NuPower Renewables in which former Videocon chairman Venugopal Dhoot allegedly invested crores of rupees after the Videocon group was granted a loan by the ICICI Bank. NDTV On 26 December 2022, Venugopal Dhoot was arrested by CBI in Mumbai for his involvement in the loan fraud case of ICICI Bank. The Telegraph
On 20 January 2023, the Bombay High Court granted him interim bail in the ICICI Bank-Videocon loan fraud case on a bail bond of Rs 1 lakh. The Hindu
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Ramabai Dhoot (Board member of Videocon Group)
|Children||Son- Anirudh Dhoot (director of Videocon)
Daughter(s)- Surabhi Dhoot The Times of India
Tanushri Dhoot The Times of India
|Parents||Father- Nandlal Madhavlal Dhoot (founder of Videocon Group)
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Rajkumar Nandlal Dhoot (politician and businessman)
Pradipkumar Nandlal Dhoot (businessman)
|Food||Sarson Ka Saag, Roti, Vegetable Biryani The Economic Times|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 180 crore (as of 2015) Forbes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Venugopal Dhoot
- Venugopal Dhoot is the founder, chairman, CEO, and managing director of Videocon, an Indian multinational conglomerate. Videocon focuses on manufacturing consumer electronics and home appliances.
- He also holds the directorships of Videocon Telecommunications Limited, Hindustan Oil Ventures Limited, Videocon Energy Limited, Jumbo Techno Services Private Limited, and Senior Consulting Private Limited.
- Videocon Group became popular after investing in the colour TV business in 1985. The Economic Times
- In 2005, he became the managing director of Videocon Industries Limited.
- In 2008, he was appointed as the President of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) and the Electronic Industries Association of Marathwada.
- In 2009, he was ranked 36th in the ‘Top 50 Power List’ of the year.
- In 2015, according to Forbes, he was the 61st richest person in India.
- He is a member of the Advisory Committee of Poona University Information Employment & Guidance and an adviser to the Government of Orissa for the industrial development of Orissa.
- Videocon Group has manufacturing plants in many countries including Mainland China, Mexico, Poland, and Italy.