|Famous For||Imran Ansari in Amazon Prime Video’s original web-series, ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film, Hindi: Raanjhanaa (2013); as a theatre group member
Film, Malayalam: Mohavalayam (2013)
Web-series: Paatal Lok (2020); as Imran Ansari
|Date of Birth||18 November|
|School||Modern High School, Barakhamba Road in New Delhi|
|College/University||• Sushant School of Art and Architecture in Gurugram
• The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio Facebook
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Neena Singh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ishwak Singh
- Ishwak Singh is an Indian film and theatre actor.
- He started his career as a theatre artist. He joined ‘Asmita Theatre Group’ in New Delhi.
- Initially, he started working at FABINTERIORS in New Delhi; as an architect.
- He has acted in a few South Indian films.
- In 2015, he acted in the Bollywood film, ‘Tamasha;’ in which he played the role of Deepika Padukone’s longtime boyfriend.
- He appeared in the Hindi films, ‘Tum Bin 2′ (2016) and ‘Veere Di Wedding’ in 2018 (as Sonam Kapoor‘s boyfriend, Nirmal).
- In 2020, he got immense popularity with the Amazon Prime Original series, ‘Paatal Lok.’
- He shared in an interview, he was a foodie but did not know how to cook.
- His looks are quite similar to the Pakistani actor, Fawad Khan.
- In 2018, he appeared in a Pakistani TV commercial directed by the Bollywood director, Imtiaz Ali. He shared his experience while working in this TV commercial, he said,
I had never heard of a concept like that, where a guy goes all out to impress the family of a girl, who come to his place with a proposal for marriage. My character can’t be called effeminate merely because he’s the one cooking [instead of the girl]. He’s just uninstitutionalised, today, men don’t need to follow a conventional list of do’s and don’ts. “I could relate to the character. He is motivated to step out of his comfort zone and cook due to love. Many men and women would walk the extra mile today, for that.”
- In an interview, he shared how he had started his acting career, he said,
I am an architect, but I felt that I was really missing something. Acting was something that always interested me. A theatre group in Delhi called Asmita Theatre matched my sensibilities and I took the plunge. This was a good decision as acting was my real calling. I am happy that my parents were supportive of my decision. But it was theatre that gave me the confidence and skills that paved the way for my entry into films.” I did a play that Mahesh Bhatt was producing and one day he came to me and said that I was superb. I just was so happy hearing that from him. I didn’t know what to say, I just kept blushing.”
References/Sources: [ + ]