|Famous For||Being the niece of the Bollywood actor, Govinda and the sister of the comedian, Krushna Abhishek|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||TV: Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka (2009) as Soni Khurana
|Date of Birth||5 April 1985 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Swimming, Travelling|
|Tattoo||She has got a tattoo inked on her right forearm.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ayaz Khan (actor, ex-boyfriend)
• Siddharth Shukla (actor, rumoured)
|Parents||Father- Atmaprakash Sharma (Deceased)
Mother- Padma (Biological, Deceased), Geeta Singh (Foster)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Krushna Abhishek (comedian)
Vivek Singh (son of her foster mother, Geeta Singh)
|Favourite Food||Pani Puri|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Colours||White, Pink|
|Favourite Clothing Brand||Zara|
|Favourite Travel Destination||London|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arti Singh
- Arti Singh was born into a middle-class family in Lucknow.
- Her mother had passed away when she was just 37 days old.
- After her mother’s death, Arti was adopted by Geeta Singh (her mother’s sister-in-law and best friend).
- Arti is good at dancing since her childhood and had participated in many dance competitions in her school days.
- She started her acting career in 2007 by playing the role of ‘Soni Khurana’ in the TV serial “Maayka.”
- She became popular after playing the role of ‘Seema Gaurav Chopra’ in Colors TV’s “Parichay — Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka.”
- Singh has been a part of TV serials like “Uttaran,” “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev,” “Encounter,” and “Sasural Simar Ka.”
- She was a member of the Ahmedabad Express Team in the reality TV show “Box Cricket League.”
- In 2016, Arti bagged the lead role of ‘Amba Pawania’ in the TV serial “Waaris.”
- In addition to acting, she has also tried her hands at comedy. She has been a part of comedy shows like “Comedy Classes” and “Comedy Nights Bachao.”
- Arti shares a great bond with her foster mother, Geeta Singh.
- In 2011, the actress lost around 8-10 kgs of weight for the serial “Parichay — Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka.”
- She shared in an interview that if not an actress, she would have been a dancer.
- Arti is very passionate about animals; dogs being her favourite.
- Apart from Govinda and Krushna Abhishek, Arti has many more relatives from the entertainment industry. She is the cousin of the television actresses, Ragini Khanna and Soumya Seth and film director, Amit Khanna.
- She once shared in an interview that she had an awful fashion sense and unlike her brother Krushna, and cousins, Ragini and Tina Ahuja, she couldn’t speak in English in her childhood due to which, she developed several complexes.
- Surprisingly, she had entered the entertainment industry much before her brother Krushna and cousin, Ragini entered the same field, but she was the last one to earn recognition.
- Arti shares a great bond with Ayaz Khan even after her break-up with him. While talking about their friendship, Arti had stated,
I have a close circle of friends and Ayaz is one of them. We always meet with other friends. He is a nice guy and nobody would want to lose him as a friend. People should just stop linking us, as we both want to find suitable partners. The news of my marriage will shut my detractors. So, pray for me.”
- Arti has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- Her father, Atmaprakash Sharma, passed away in 2019 after fighting Cancer for several years.
- In 2019, Arti entered the house of Bigg Boss 13 as a contestant. Click here to check the complete list of Bigg Boss 13 contestants.
- Inside the house of Bigg Boss, Arti revealed that she had suffered from serious depression when she didn’t get work for around 2 years. She even added that she had received a good marriage proposal. She liked the groom but his family did not reciprocate after learning about her depression.
- During her journey in Bigg Boss 13, the TV journalist and one of the contestants of the show, Shefali Bagga, made some demeaning remarks on Arti’s personal relationship while doing a task on the show. Shefali raised questions about Arti’s broken marriage and also her affair with Siddharth Shukla. However, after the completion of the task, Shefali cleared that she cooked up her own stories just to win the task.
- Here’s an interesting video about Arti Singh’s biography: