Hometown: Nadiad, Gujarat
Age: 27 Years
|Real Name||Akshar Rajeshbhai Patel|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|International Debut||ODI- 15 June 2014 against Bangladesh at Dhaka
Test- 13 February 2021 against England at MA Chidambaram Statdium
T20 - 17 July 2015 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#20 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Gujarat, Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai Indians|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• He was named the BCCI Under-19 cricketer of the year for the 2012-13 domestic season.
• Took a hat-trick for Kings XI Punjab against Gujarat Lions in IPL 9 (2016) by dismissing Dinesh Karthik, Dwayne Bravo, and Ravindra Jadeja.
• On 16 February 2021, during the 2nd Test against England, he became the ninth Indian bowler to take five wickets in his debut Test match. He also became the 2nd left-arm spinner after Dilip Doshi to do this. ESPN
|Career Turning Point||His impressive performance for Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2014, after which he earned a place in the Indian ODI squad.|
|Date of Birth||20 January 1994|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Anand, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Nadiad, Gujarat, India|
|College||Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad, Gujarat|
|Educational Qualification||Engineering Dropout|
|Family||Father- Rajesh Patel
Mother- Pritiben Patel
Brother- Sanship Patel (Elder)
Sister- Shivangi Patel (Elder)
|Coach/Mentor||Dinesh Nanavati, V Venkatram, Mukund Parmar|
|Cricketer||Batsman: Yuvraj Singh
Bowler: Harbhajan Singh
|Singer||Yo Yo Honey Singh|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Salary (as in 2017)||RETAINER FEE: 50 lakh (INR)
TEST FEE: 15 lakh (INR)
ODI FEE: 6 lakh (INR)
T20 FEE: 3 lakh (INR)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Axar Patel
- Axar never wanted to be a cricketer, instead, he wanted to be a mechanical engineer.
- When he was 15 years old, his friend Dhiren Kansara first noticed his cricketing talent and suggested him to play an inter-school tournament.
- His first name’s spelling was “Akshar”, but because of is school principal’s mistake he spelt it as “Axar” in the school leaving certificate, and since then he has been using this name.
- As he wasn’t strong enough at the beginning of his cricketing career, he father was a bit worried about how he’s going to cope-up with the physical demand of the game. So, his father enrolled him in a gym.
- He started playing cricket as a batsman, but later, became a bowler to increase his chance to play for India.
- In 2010, he met with an accident just after he was selected for the Gujarat U-19 team. He injured his leg at home during the Diwali break, after which he was ruled out for the entire season. During this period, he thought to quit cricket, but his grandmother’s will to see him playing on TV inspired him to make a comeback.
- In his debut Ranji Trophy season of 2012, he played only one match, but he had an exceptional 2013-14 Ranji Trophy season as he was amongst the most consistent players for Gujarat as he made 369 runs at an average of 46.12 and took 29 wickets at an economy rate of 23.58 in 7 matches.
- He was awarded “BCCI Under-19 cricketer of the Year” in 2014.
- He didn’t get the chance to play even a single game in his debut IPL season (IPL-6, 2013), but did not get a game, but his success in the 2013 Ranji Trophy season earned him a spot in the Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) squad. He had an exceptional season with his debut season with Kings XI Punjab (IPL-7, 2014) as he took 16 wickets at an economy rate of 6.22.
- He was awarded “Emerging Player of the Tournament” in IPL7.