Lovleen Misra Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Actor, Writer, and Storyteller|
|Famous Role||‘Chhutki’ in the Hindi TV serial Hum Log (1984)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Debut||TV: Hum Log (1984) as Chutki
|Date of Birth||Year, 1975|
|Age (as of 2021)||47 Years|
|School||Convent of Jesus & Mary, New Delhi|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in History Facebook- Loveleen Mishra|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||22 April 2003|
|Husband/Spouse||Manoj (Sound Designer)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Children||Son- Avi Misra
|Siblings||Sister- Kiran Misra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lovleen Misra
- Lovleen Misra is an Indian actor, storyteller, and play writer.
- She has acted in various Hindi TV serials in supporting roles.
- She has also acted in a few Hindi films like ‘Godmother’ (1999), ‘City of Joy’ (1992), and ‘Yuva’ (2004). She has worked on various acting projects with famous Indian film directors like Mani Ratnam, Anurag Kashyap, and Govind Nihalini.
- Loveleen has performed in the radio plays ‘A Suitable Boy’ and ‘Mrichkatikam’ for BBC.
- Apart from films and TV serials, she has appeared in videos of YouTube channels like Girliyapa, Arré, and FilterCopy.
- Loveleen is a well-known Indian theatre actor and has performed in Hindi theatre plays such as ‘Ismat Apa Ke Naam,’ ‘Nanhi Ki Nani,’ and ‘Theatre Live!.” During an interview, she talked about performing in the theatre play ‘Nanhi Ki Nani.’ She said,
Yes, it’s my first performance in the UAE and I have butterflies. Well, that happens to me before every performance. We staged the play two years ago in Lahore and it was extremely well received. It was gratifying to perform somewhere where they understand the language. It was a treat to perform.”
I’m playing the character of Nanhi ki nani, a derelict who lives on the periphery of society. She survives on whatever the mohalla [community] people give her and all she owns is her pillow — actually a pillow case in which she carries her belongings. No one cares for her. No one knows her name. Yet she has this akkad [attitude] about her. She’s pathetic yet funny. It’s amazing to perform such characters written by writers such as Ismat Chugtai and Saadat Hassan Manto.”
- Misra is associated with the Indian theatre group ‘Junoon Theatre’ in Mumbai and conducts acting workshops for budding actors.
- She also works as a storyteller for various school students.
- During an interview, while sharing her experience of working in TV serials and theatre plays. She said,
The sheer quantity [on TV] kills quality. It seems more a marketing strategy than art. It’s all about the TRP [television ratings point] which I cannot understand. How come it’s not the criteria in the outside world? In metro India, more and more people are now watching Pakistani serials because not only they carry a better story and performances, they don’t stretch needlessly. Yet, it must be said there are some good stories that relate to the girl child and other social issues, though the percentage is small. So I prefer theatre and mostly work with children, writing stories, conducting storytelling sessions and theatre workshops with Junoon Theatre.”
I’ve worked with good filmmakers, even though it’s not been a large working experience. The reason those roles were offered to me was because they wanted an actress not just a face. I’ve had the opportunity to work with Anurag Kashyap, Govind Nihalini and Mani Ratnam. Working with them, you are given a clear picture of what’s expected of you and you are there because you are worthy of the role.”
- She delivered her first child at the age of 38. In an interview, she talked about her late pregnancy. DNA India She said,
The fact that I had a baby at age 38 had more to do with my marrying late than for furthering my career. I was always clear that I wanted a child. The doctors warned us about the risks of a late pregnancy and we had prepared ourselves for any eventuality. Those nine months were filled with fear and trepidation. We agonised over every decision — professional and personal — to make sure everything was absolutely right.”
- In 2018, she won the Indian Television Academy Award.
- She appeared in the Hindi film ‘Badhaai Do’ in 2022 with Rajkummar Rao and Bhumi Pednekar as lead actors.
|↑1||Facebook- Loveleen Mishra|