|Famous For||Winning $1 million prize money in the talent show, "The World's Best" (2019)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut (as actor)||Atkan Chatkan (2020) as Guddu|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Winner of 'The World's Best Season 1' (2019)
• 'Young Indian of the Year' from GQ Men of the Year Awards 2019
• Received the musical instrument 'Nadhaswaram' from Maestro Isaignani Ilaiyaraaja (2020)
|Date of Birth||6 September 2005 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||15 Years|
|School||Homeschooled The Times of India|
|Parents||Father- Varshan Satish (music director)
|Sibling||He has an elder sister, Amirtha Varshini.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lydian Nadhaswaram
- Lydian Nadhaswaram is an Indian pianist and a child prodigy. He was born on 6 September 2005 (Age 15 years; as in 2020). His career started at the age of four when he could perform a full drum set with his father.
- Lydian Nadhaswaram spent four years in training at KM Music Conservatory, a higher education institute for Western and Classical music training. The institute was founded by the A.R. Rahman Foundation in 2008.
- Lydian Nadhaswaram was the winner of the talent show ‘The World’s Best,’ and he won the show with 84 points and received the prize money of $1 million in 2019.
- Lydian is homeschooled, and spends about 5-6 hours every day practicing the piano. He surprised the judges of ‘The World’s Best’ show when he played the piano at 280 beats per minute and further increased it to a maximum of 325 beats.
- Lydian can play the piano blindfolded, and he displayed this talent when he was invited to the Ellen DeGeneres show. He also gave a performance in ‘The World’s Best’ where he played two pianos at the same time.
- In April 2019, Lydian’s popularity earned him an invitation to the Jazz Foundation of America’s annual gala “A Great Night in Harlem.” The gala-night took place at the Apollo Theatre in New York.
- Varshan Satish and Jhansi wanted to name their son as Kalyani (a melodic scale and a feminine term), so they decided to take up the Western equivalent of the name, i.e., Lydian. Nadhaswaram was added as the last name, and it is a musical instrument that is considered auspicious and is used during temple ceremonies and weddings in South India. The Mantle
- On 4 September 2020, Lydian made his debut as a child actor in the movie, ‘Atkan Chatkan,’ which was directed by Shiv Hare and presented by A R Rahman.
- At the age of 23 months, Lydian started his musical journey as he surprised everyone by playing a drummer beat with xylophone sticks.
- Lydian Nadhaswaram is a child prodigy who started playing a full set of drums at the age of 3. However, he had a hard time learning Hindi for his movie, ‘Atkan Chatkan.’ Mid-Day