|Real Name||Pavan Raj Malhotra|
|Other Name||Pavan Malhotra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||2 July 1958|
|Age (as in 2017)||59 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Rajendra Nagar, Delhi, India|
|School||Manav Sthali School, New Delhi, India|
|College||Hansraj College, New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Debut||Film: Ab Ayega Mazaa (1984)
TV: Nukkad (1986)
|Awards||National Award for 'Fakir' (Short- Hindi)– 1998
Nandi Special Jury Award, Filmfare Best Villain Award & State Award for 'Aithe' (Telugu)– 2003
Best Supporting Actor Award for 'Children of War' (Hindi)- 2014
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Aparnaa Malhotra (Writer)|
|Parents||Father- Trilok Raj Malhotra (Died, business of making machine tools)
Mother- Asha Rani Malhotra
|Siblings||Brothers- 2 (Both are Elder)
Sisters- 2 (Both elder, one of which died)
|Favourite Food(s)||Butter Laden Parathas, Gur (Jaggery)|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Rekha, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Film||Gadar: Ek Prem Katha|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, Brown|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pavan Raj Malhotra
- Does Pavan Malhotra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Pavan Malhotra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Pavan Malhotra’s ancestors are from Lahore but after the partition, his parents migrated to Delhi from Lahore.
- He was the youngest of three brothers and two sisters.
- He started his career as a theatre artist.
- After completing his schooling, his friend (Indian theatre director Ebrahim Alkazi’s son Faizal) took him for doing theatre, who was also the part of a theatre group ‘Ruchika’.
- Initially, he thought that his friend would give him just a small role in a Janmasthami play in the society but after the conversation, Pawan got understood that he would be getting an opportunity to work in his first play called ‘Tughlak’ for which he got a daily allowance of Rs 350.
- After the ‘Tughlak’, the entire theatre group members were impressed and asked him to join ‘Ruchika’.
- During his struggling period, he wasn’t able to talk in English because he went to a Hindi medium school.
- As the time passed, he did a lot of theatre during his college days but his father wanted him to join the family business, therefore, Pavan stopped doing theatres afterwards.
- After a week, his friend came to him and said that the ‘Gandhi’ film unit wanted a wardrobe assistant. He took his father in confidence by saying that it would be his last job in the theatre, and luckily he agreed.
- Being a theatre artist, he also worked as a wardrobe assistant and product manager in the movies like ‘Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro’ and ‘Khamoosh’ for which he used to get a daily allowance of Rs 750.
- In order to earn a living, apart from acting in theatres, he has also done odd jobs like selling bread and feed cows in a cowshed.
- In 1984, he started working as a TV actor in the TV serial ‘Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi’ and got public attention after the serial ‘Nukkad’ in which he played the role of ‘Hari’.
- His father died after watching his little bit success which he received from ‘Nukkad’.
- In an interview, he said that he went through a lot of pain every time the enamel paint was applied on his body for his role in the movie ‘Bagh Bahadur’ still he did not get an award for his role.
- He has appeared in more than 50 movies including Hindi, English, Telugu, Punjabi and 10+ TV serials.
- Some of his notable movies are ‘Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro’, ‘Pardes’, ‘Black Friday’, ‘Jab We Met’, ‘Badmaash Company’, ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, ‘Punjab 1984’, ‘Bang Bang’, ‘Judwaa 2’, etc.
- He is very talkative.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡