Rashmi Tyagi (Tirath Singh Rawat’s Wife), Age, Family, Biography & More
Full name Rashmi Tyagi Rawat
Profession(s) Social Worker, Professor
Famous for Being the wife of Tirath Singh Rawat
Physical Stats & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Age Not Known
Birthplace Kharkhoda, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
Hometown Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
College/University • Raghunath Girls Post Graduate College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
• Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
Educational Qualification(s) Amar Ujala • Graduation from Raghunath Girls Post Graduate College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
• M.Phil. (Psychology) from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
• PhD (Psychology) from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
Relationships & More
Marital Status Married
Affairs/Boyfriends Tirath Singh Rawat
Marriage Date 9 December 1998
Husband/Spouse Tirath Singh Rawat
Children Son- None
Daughter- Lokanksha Rawat
Parents Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Sushma Tyagi
Siblings Brother- Ravindra Tyagi, Vikas Tyagi
Sister- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rashmi Tyagi
- Rashmi Tyagi is an Indian Assistant Professor and the wife of the 9th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Tirath Singh Rawat.
- She was born and brought up in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
- While pursuing her graduation in Meerut, she inclined towards politics, and she joined the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and participated in various events held by the ABVP across the state.
- While pursuing her graduation, apart from participating in student union elections, she also developed an interest in modelling and won the Miss Meerut beauty pageant.
- Reportedly, she first met Tirath Singh Rawat in Ghaziabad where she had gone to participate in a declamation contest for R. G. P. G. College. At the event, when Tirath Singh Rawat first saw Rashmi, it was love at first sight moment. Gradually, they came closer and fell in love with each other, and on 9 December 1998, they got married to each other.
- In 1994, she contested the student union election in Chaudhary Charan Singh University for the post of President; however, she lost. Later, she contested for the post of Joint Secretary and lost again.
- She has also worked as a social worker for the non-governmental organization Surbhi Pariwar.
- She is a professor of psychology at D.A.V. (PG) College, Dehradun.
- Her grandfather, Ved Prakash Tyagi, went to jail 52 times during British Rule in India. According to her uncle Ashok Tyagi, her grandfather was popular as Mini Gandhi in the region who joined the Indian National Congress after India’s independence from British Rule. Ved Prakash died in a road accident in Hapur in the late 1980s.
- On 10 March 2021, her husband, Tirath Singh Rawat, took the oath of the 9th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
Congratulations to Shri @TIRATHSRAWAT on taking oath as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. He brings with him vast administrative and organisational experience. I am confident under his leadership the state will continue to scale new heights of progress.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 10, 2021