Hometown: Delhi, India
Husband: Vishal Mehta
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Aam Aadmi Party
|Advisor for the Government of Delhi (2020)
|Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
|MA in International Development at The Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University (2001) Reena Gupta's LinkedIn Account
|In September 2023, Reena Gupta accused Gaurav Bhatia, Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson, of making unpleasant remarks against her on television. She claimed in the media that she was not allowed to register a complaint against Bhatia at a police station. Outlook India
|Relationships & More
|Vishal Mehta (co-founder of Lok Capital)
|Son- Ritam Sudhir (student)
|Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reena Gupta
- Reena Gupta is an Indian politician and lawyer. She is the national spokesperson and advisor for the Aam Aadmi Party in the Government of Delhi.
- In June 2001, she began working as an NRM associate at Oxfam America in Boston, Massachusetts. She served in the position till February 2003.
- From February 2003 to September 2011, Reena Gupta served as a natural resource management specialist at the World Bank in New Delhi, India. From September 2011 to August 2020, she served as a freelance consultant. She worked on issues related to the environment and sustainable development.
- Reena Gupta is a prominent advocate for the Safe Food Movement and has written extensively about the harmful effects of pesticides in India. Her regular columns in Indian newspapers including Hindustan Times, The Times of India, and The Indian Express cover topics such as air pollution, environmental issues, and social justice.
- In 2011, Reena Gupta left the World Bank to become an activist for the Indian anti-corruption movement in Delhi.
- In December 2017, she supported Delhi in signing onto the Urban 20 (U20), a city diplomacy initiative, comprising cities from G20 countries.
- In 2020, Reena Gupta joined the Aam Aadmi Party and worked as an advisor to the Environment Minister of Delhi. During her time in this position, Gupta played a key role in creating a decision support system that identifies major pollution sources and a measurable action plan to address them.
- In 2020, Gupta launched the ‘Yudh Pradhushan Ke Virudh’ campaign to fight Delhi’s air pollution.
- One of Gupta’s major accomplishments was making rules for companies like Uber and Ola Cabs that organize rides. In 2021, she made a law that says these companies must change their cars to electric cars and meet certain goals each year. Gupta also talked to nearby states and the national government to get them to make similar rules to encourage more people to use electric cars.
- In 2021, she created the Green Delhi App and Green War Room, which allows residents to report localized pollution.
- In 2022, ‘Greening Delhi’ was another initiative led by Gupta. This initiative is converting vacant spaces in Delhi into community parks and forests and modernizing existing neighbourhood parks with world-class facilities.
- Later, Gupta was nominated as a member of the State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority by the Government of Delhi.
- Reena Gupta is a fitness enthusiast who frequently posts photos of her running and jogging sessions on social media.
- She is often invited to appear as a guest on live debate shows for various Indian news channels.