|Profession(s)||Actress, Television Host|
|Famous Role||'Parvati Agarwal' in "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii" |
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm |
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||Film (Short Film): O Re Manva (2006) |
Film (Bollywood): Dangal (2016)
TV: Albela Sur Mela (1996)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Awards won for the serial "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii." |
• Indian Telly Award for "Best Actress in Lead Role" (2003)
• Kalakar Award for "Best Actress" (2004)
• Indian Television Academy Award for "ITA Milestone" (2010)
Awards won for the serial "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain."
• Indian Television Academy Award for "Best Actress - Drama (Jury)" (2011)
• Big Star Entertainment Award for "Best Actress in a Lead Role- Television" (2011)
• 18th Lions Gold Award for "Best Actress in a Lead Role- Television" (2012)
• 11th Indian Telly Award for "Best Actress in a Lead Role- Jury" (2012)
• People's Choice Awards India for "Best Drama Actress" (2012)
• 6th Boroplus Gold Award for "Best Actress Critics" (2013)
• Voted India Today's No.1 Television's Most Popular Onscreen Couple along with Ram Kapoor (2013)
• Featured in Top 5 most trustworthy celebrities in a survey conducted by Ormax Media (2013)
|Date of Birth||12 January 1973 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Alwar, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Alwar, Rajasthan, India|
|School||She was educated at different Kendriya Vidyalayas across India.|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian India Forums|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Travelling|
|Controversies||• Sakshi made the headlines for secretly marrying a businessman. However, she denied it later. Times of India |
• The television actress, Hina Khan, called Sakshi cross-eyed, while Hina was inside the house of Bigg Boss. India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Samir Kochhar (Rumoured) |
|Children||Son- None |
Daughter- Dityaa (adopted in 2018)
|Parents||Father- Rajendra Singh Tanwar (Retiered CBI Officer) |
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Rajeev Singh Tanwar (elder) |
Sister- Seema Tanwar (elder)
|Food||Aloo Matar, Rajma Chawal|
|Dessert||Kulhad Waali Gulab Jamun|
|Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan|
|Films||Guide (1965), Sholay (1975)|
|Car Collection||Volvo S90 Sedan Times Of India |
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 80,000/episode Indian Express|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sakshi Tanwar
- Sakshi Tanwar was born into a middle-class-family in Alwar, Rajasthan.
- She completed her pre-university course in 1990 and started working as a sales trainee at Taj Palace, Delhi.
- She, then, worked at a clothing & accessory store, Khazana in Delhi, where she received a monthly salary of Rs. 900.
- She bought a Yellow and Green cotton saree for her mother with her first salary. Sakshi even bought gifts for her father, sister, and brother.
- Sakshi was the secretary and president of the dramatic society in her college.
- While she was preparing for the entrance examinations to the administrative services and mass communication, she auditioned for the role of host in the reality show “Albela Sur Mela.” Although Sakshi failed to clear the entrance examination, she did clear the audition.
- In October 2018, Sakshi became a single mother by adopting a 9 months old baby girl. She named her Dityaa.
- Sakshi went unnoticed in the TV shows “Albela Sur Mela” and “Dastoor.”
- She came into the spotlight by portraying the role of ‘Parvati Agarwal’ in the TV serial “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.” The show was a huge success, and she became a household name by playing the role of Parvati.
- Subsequently, she appeared in TV serials like “Kutumb,” “Devi,” “Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin,” and “Balika Vadhu.”
- In 2011, she played the role of ‘Priya Ram Kapoor’ in Sony TV’s “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” and received wide popularity.
- She has narrated and hosted many TV shows like “Main Naa Bhoolungi,” “Crime Patrol Season 2,” “Code Red,” and “Tyohaar Ki Thaali.”
- Tanwar has worked in feature films like “O re Manva,” “Saluun,” “Aatankwadi Uncle,” and “Bawra Mann.”
- Sakshi has worked as a creative director with the Positive Thinkerz Production Company.
- She has also appeared in a few web series like “Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat,” “The Final Call,” and “Mission Over Mars.”
- In 2012, she worked in the film “Mohalla Assi” opposite Sunny Deol, but the film never got released.
- Sakshi doesn’t like to keep a house help and likes doing the household chores on her own
- Sakshi is widely known for her punctuality in the television industry.
- Sakshi has appeared as a guest contestant in the reality show “Kaun Banega Crorepati.”
- She is a good friends with the film producer and film director, Ekta Kapoor.
- While in college, Sakshi wanted to become a software engineer.
- During an interview, Sakshi shared that being the youngest person in her family, she was the most pampered one.
- She draws her inspiration from her mother.
- Her onscreen kiss with Ram Kapoor in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain surprised the audience.
- In an interview, Sakshi revealed that she had once faced rejection because of a pimple on her face. She said that during her initial days in the television industry, she had bagged an advertisement shoot for a big brand, but the makers rejected her when they saw a big pimple on her face.
References/Sources: [ + ]