Some Lesser Known Facts About Shazahn Padamsee
- Shazahn Padamsee is an Indian actress and model, who predominantly worked in the Hindi film industry from 2009 to 2015. The noted Indian actors Alyque Padamsee and Sharon Prabhakar are her parents. In 2009, she made her acting debut in the film Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year. Later, Shazahn Padamsee appeared in two non-Hindi films and gained credit for her performances from the critics. In 2011, she appeared as a lead actress in the film Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji, which was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar.
- In 2009, Shazahn Padamsee performed in the stage play Unspoken Dialogues, which was written by her father. Soon, she started appearing in several national advertisements. Meanwhile, she also auditioned for various roles in Hindi films. In 2009, Shazahn Padamsee successfully auditioned for the film Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year opposite Ranbir Kapoor. She played the character of Sherena in the film. The film failed at the box office.
- In 2010, Shazahn Padamsee’s second film Kanimozhi, a Tamil film, was released. In this film, she played the role of Anu. Reportedly, the director of the film approached her after going through her online portfolio, but the film was signed only after the permission of her father. Soon after the release of the film, Shazahn Padamsee’s character in the film was criticised with mixed reviews. Critics claimed,
She “looked pretty and was photographed well” but she could have “expressed more energy and expression” into her role, labelling her as a Barbie doll.”
- In the same year, Shazahn Padamsee’s third film, Orange, was released; it was a Telugu film in which she played the character of Rooba. The film critics garnered positive reviews for her performance in the film.
- In 2011, Shazahn Padamsee appeared in the romantic comedy film Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji, which was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar. In this film, she played the role of an office intern named June Pinto opposite Ajay Devgn. The film worked well at the box office, but Shazahn Padamsee’s performance in the film received mixed reviews. Critics claimed,
“She looks like a doll and gets the character right” whilst another labelled hers as “the film’s worst performance.”
- In 2012, Shazahn Padamsee appeared in the film Housefull 2, which was released by Sajid Khan. In 2015, she was cast in the film Solid Patels. In the same year, she was working in the film Disco Valley, which was directed by Sajit Warrier, and in this film, Shazahn Padamsee appeared opposite Rajat Barmecha.
- In 2013, Shazahn Padamsee appeared the Telugu film Masala as Meenakshi.
- In 2019, she started working on a live electronica project, SpanckMusic, with DJ Ankit “Ankytrixx” Kocher.
- Shazahn Padamsee is highly fond of kids. Reportedly, whenever she encounters small children, she starts playing with them. Deccan Herald
- She remains very active on various social media platforms. Shazahn Padamsee is followed by over 116k people on Instagram. On Facebook, Shazahn Padamsee has over 4 Million followers.
- Shazahn Padamsee is a fitness enthusiast. She regularly does physical exercises and practices yoga and often posts pictures of her yoga sessions on social media. In a conversation with a media house, she narrated that she liked swimming, going to the gym, and practising yoga in her leisure time. Shazahn Padamsee said,
I just go to the gym, am into kick-boxing and swimming.”
- Shazahn Padamsee is an avid dog lover. She often shares pictures of her pet dog on various social media platforms.
- Soon after venturing into films, Shazahn Padamsee had plastic surgery on her lips, but things did not go well, and her lips looked weirdly shaped after the surgery, which also affected her acting career.
- Shazahn Padamsee often promotes various products on social media.
- Once, she received an offer from Channel V for its show VJ Hunt. Earlier, Shazahn worked as a copywriter for some time in Bugs Bhargava’s company.