Shelly Oberoi Age, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: New Delhi
Age: 39 Years
|Profession(s)||Politician, Teacher, and Academician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2013-present)
|Political Journey||• Became Vice President of AAP's women's wing in Delhi (2020)
• Contested municipal elections from ward number 86 in East Patel Nagar in Delhi on Aam Aadmi Party’s ticket and won (2022)
• On 22 February 2023, she was elected the Mayor of Delhi; she secured 150 votes, while BJP candidate Rekha Gupta secured 116 votes. The Hindu
|Date of Birth||Year, 1983|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Faith Academy, New Delhi|
|College/University||• Janki Devi Memorial College, Delhi
• Himachal Pradesh University
• Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
• School of Management Studies (SOMS), Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
• Symbiosis International University, Pune, Maharashtra
• IIM Kozhikode (2021-2022)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Com
• Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA)
• One-year certificate program in Business Management
Note: She has also cleared her UGC NET examinations. Shelly Oberoi – LinkedIn
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Satish Kumar Oberoi (businessman)
Mother- Saroj Oberoi
|Siblings||Brother- Tushar Oberoi
Sister- Mili Khanna
|Salary (approx.)||As a councillor, her salary is Rs 41,000 (as of December 2022)|
• Cash: Rs. 12,500
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 7,19,509
• LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 8,86,868
• Loans and advances: Rs. 6,00,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 1,75,750 (as of December 2022) Shelly Oberoi – MyNeta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 2,03,94,627 (2021-2022) Shelly Oberoi – MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known facts About Shelly Oberoi
- Shelly Oberoi is an Indian teacher, academician, and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) politician who won the 2022 Delhi MCD elections and became Delhi’s Mayor on 22 February 2023.
- In 2013, Shelly Oberoi joined the AAP as a volunteer and participated in several AAP-organised campaigns.
- As an assistant professor at Delhi University, Shelly started working in September 2014.
- She was appointed the vice president of the AAP’s women’s wing in New Delhi in 2020.
- As a visiting faculty, Shelly worked as an assistant professor at the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) in Mumbai in 2021. Shelly has also worked as a professor at government-owned Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and Indira Gandhi National Open University (INGNOU).
- As of December 2022, she has published more than 35 journals and research articles such as Emotional intelligence: An extensive literature review, Impact of blockchain technology and 5G/IoT on supply chain management and trade finance, Cyber security in India: threats and challenges, and more. Shelly’s research work has not only been discussed on national platforms but also international platforms. As an academician, Shelly has also been a part of several Faculty Development Programs (FDPs).
- Shelly was also seen giving lectures on Gyan Darshan and Gyan Vani, which were aired on Doordarshan.
- Shelly claimed that she was injured during a protest march against a BJP politician’s abusive remarks on Arvind Kejriwal in Delhi as she was attacked by several armed party workers of the BJP.
- On AAP’s ticket, Shelly contested the Municipal Corporation of Delhi’s (MCD) election in December 2022 and emerged victorious by a margin of 269 votes against a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate. The AAP later recommended her name as a mayoral candidate for the 6 January 2023 MCD mayoral elections. While talking about her nomination, Shelly told the media that her priority as a mayor would be to ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of Delhi. In an interview, she said,
Over the next few months, we will all work together to make Delhi the city that it should have been. The BJP, during its 15-year tenure, have turned Delhi into the ‘garbage capital of the country’. We will work together to ensure that Delhi becomes clean again and to fulfil the promises made by the CM and deliver the 10 guarantees. Our aim is to make Delhi better together with everyone. We will soon work by preparing a blueprint for cleaning the capital; we will start by clearing the mountains of garbage compiled in the city. All 250 councillors will come together to clean and transform Delhi… and they have already started working in their respective wards.”
- The Indian Commerce Association (ICA) has given Shelly Oberoi a lifetime membership. Shelly has also been an Institutional Innovative Council (IIC) member. The ICA has also presented Shelly with Prof. Manubhai M Shah Memorial Award for Excellence in Commerce & Business Management (MMSMA).
|↑2||Shelly Oberoi – LinkedIn|
|↑3, ↑4||Shelly Oberoi – MyNeta|