|Profession(s)||Actor and Assistant Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Assistant Director): My Friend Pinto (2011)
Film (Actor): Sunshine Music Tours and Travels (2016)
Web-Series: Official Chukyagiri (2016)
|Date of Birth||28 September 1989 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||31 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Chartered Accountant or CA (Dropout)|
|Religion||Hinduism GQ India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Reading, Playing Squash, and Gymming|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sham Kaushal (Action Director)
Mother- Veena Kaushal (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Vicky Kaushal (Actor)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh, and Anil Kapoor|
|Song||“Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran|
|Book(s)||Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, and Naoko by Keigo Higashino|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunny Kaushal
- Sunny Kaushal is an Indian actor and assistant director.
- Sunny was born in a Punjabi family with roots in Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
- His father came to Mumbai in 1978, and later, he became a famous action director in Bollywood.
- Sunny was born and raised in the chawl area of Malad in Mumbai when his father used to work as a stuntman. In an interview, Sunny said,
We used to stay in a 10/10 chawl in Malad. We studied in an ordinary school. We used to travel by bus till we finished college. My mother (Veena Kaushal) has made huge efforts to keep the family together. She’s the normal quotient in our home.”
- Since his childhood, Sunny and his brother Vicky have been a die-hard fan of Hrithik Roshan.
- During his school days, his favourite subject was History, and he wanted to become an archaeologist.
- He started his career as a theatre artist with the actor Makarand Deshpande.
- He worked as an assistant director in films like ‘My Friend Pinto’ (2011) and ‘Gunday’ (2014).
- Later, he joined ‘Barry John Acting Studio’ in New Delhi to brush up his acting skills.
- His father had made it very clear that he won’t play any role to launch him in Bollywood.
- Before making his Bollywood debut, he had auditioned for almost 5 years to get a good role in films.
- He rose to fame with his role as “Himmat Singh,” based on the veteran Indian hockey player Balbir Singh Dosanjh, in the historical sports drama film ‘Gold’ (2018), starring Akshay Kumar and Mouni Roy.
- He appeared in various Hindi web-series like ‘Official Chukyagiri’ (2016), ‘Official CEOgiri’ (2018), and ‘The Forgotten Army – Azaadi Ke Liye’ (2020).
- In 2020, he appeared in Bollywood films like ‘Bhangra Paa Le,’ ‘Hurdang,’ and ‘Shiddat.’
- He is a shoe lover and has a huge collection of it.
- He loves to play ‘Djembe,’ a musical instrument.
- In an interview, when he was asked if he had a crush on any of his brother’s girlfriend, he said,
Yes, but before I knew that she was his girlfriend. Mujhe baad mein pata chala ki woh log date kar rahe hai. (I came to know later that they were dating.)”
- He is a cat lover.
References/Sources: [ + ]