|Famous Role||Sneha Bajaj (TV serial - Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004-2005))
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Jai Chiranjeeva (2005)
Film (Hindi): Benaam (2008)
Film (Tamil): Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (2006)
Film (Kannada): Soundarya (2007)
TV: Kanhaiya (2001)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2012 (Winner): National Film Award for Best Child Artist, Chillar Party (2011)
• 2004 (Winner): STAR Parivaar Award for Favourite Chhota Bachcha, Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004)
• 2004 (Winner): Indian Telly Award for Best Child Actress, Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004)
• 2018 (Winner): The Judgement Deliberation Competition at the International Summit
|Date of Birth||9 April 1997 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Palampur, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Palampur, Himachal Pradesh|
|School||• Lokhandwala Foundation School, Mumbai (2003–2013)
• RN Podar School CBSE (2013-2015)
|College/University||Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai (2015-2020)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Legal Science & Bachelor of Law from Pravin Gandhi College LinkedIn|
|Hobbies||Playing Pool, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Vikas Sharma (Engineer)
Mother- Ritu Sharma (Dietitian)
|Siblings||Brother- Yajat Sharma (younger; student)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Allu Arjun
|Actress(es)||Priyanka Chopra, Asin|
|Song||"Good For You" by Selena Gomez|
|Comedian(s)||Kapil Sharma, Sunil Grover|
|TV Show||Friends (1994-2004)|
|Fashion Trend||Off Shoulder|
|Car Collection||Maruti Suzuki Baleno
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shriya Sharma
- Shriya Sharma is a famous Indian actress who started her career as a child actor at the age of four. She has mainly worked in the South Indian film industry.
- Shriya started her career by playing the role of Lord Krishna on Zee TV’s show ‘Kanhaiya’ in 2001. She then impressed the audience with her performance in shows like Boogie Woogie, Carry on Shekhar, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, and Gumrah.
- Shriya was also part of StarPlus’s reality game show ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain,’ hosted by leading Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan. The format of the show was that five students (Shriya being one of them) would help contestants win a cash prize of Rs 5 crores. She was often fondly called by Shah Rukh Khan his ‘princess’ during the show.
- Apart from TV shows, Shriya was also seen in Bollywood movies like Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic (2008) alongside Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji, and in the film Knock Out (2010) alongside the late Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan. She won a National Film Award for playing the role of Toothpaste in the Bollywood film Chillar Party in 2012. In an interview, she said,
I have acted as a child artiste in nearly 15 films so far and plenty of other TV commercials in Tamil and Hindi in the past 13 years but at one point of time, I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to be an actress. But then, in 2012, I won the national award for my role in Chillar Party and that changed my life completely. That’s when I realized that I have it in me to become an actress.”
- She has appeared in over 50 commercials for various brands, such as Sunfeast pasta treat with Shah Rukh Khan, Whirlpool with Ajay Devgn and Kajol, Relaxo footwear, and Complan.
- Apart from excelling in acting, Shriya is also an excellent student who scored 95% in 10th standard and 91% in 12th standard. After completing her graduation in Law from Pravin Gandhi College, she has worked in top law firms of the country, non-profit organizations, and International organizations. Shriya even escorted Indian Minister of Law Ravi Shankar Prasad at the SIAC-India Summit.
- Shriya made her debut as a lead actress in Kamal G’s South Indian film Gayakudu in 2014. In an interview, when she was asked about how she got the role in this film, she said,
The director was apparently quite impressed with my performance in a TV serial, Gumrah and he approached my father and convinced us that I would suit the role he had envisioned for me in his film. Everything happened so quickly. In the film, I play the role of a young girl, who falls in love with a popular singer. It was a great learning experience.”
- Shriya also received a lot of positive response for her performances as a lead actress in another South Indian film ‘Nirmala Convent (2016).’ She was also seen in an episode of ‘Stories by Rabindranath Tagore’, which aired on the EPIC channel in 2015.
- Shriya was training to be a National level swimmer before she got into acting, and she is also good at other sports like football and basketball.
- Shriya is very close to her father and credits him for her success. In an interview, when she was asked about the reason behind her success, she said,
It’s all because of my father that I have reached so far in the industry. Starting from my auditions to selection to final shooting, he was right beside me. He tells me the right way of doing everything like how to speak my dialogues and how to give the right expressions. Once, I was shooting and had my exams three days later, dad brought my books on the sets and made me study during the gaps. His support has been tremendous.”
- As of 2020, Shriya has completed 19 years in the Entertainment Industry. She is very active on social media and has more than 377k followers on Instagram.