Hometown: Pulivendula, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh
Father: Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy
Age: 47 Years
|Full name||Yeduguri Sandinti Sharmila Reddy India Today The Hindu|
|Famous For||Being the sister of the seventeenth Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy, and the daughter of the fourteenth CM of united Andhra Pradesh, Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Political Party||Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (2011- present)
|Date of Birth||17 December 1973 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Pulivendula, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Pulivendula, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh|
|Religion||Christianity India Today|
|Controversy||In July 2019, Sharmila registered a complaint with the Commissioner of Hyderabad CP Anjani Kumar against the social media IT cell of Chandrababu Naidu's Telugu Desam Party (TDP). She complained that Telugu Desam Party's IT cell is spreading a hoax of her having an illicit relationship with the Bahubali fame actor Prabhas. While talking with media correspondents about it, she said,
"They have spread rumours that I have an illicit relation with actor Prabhas just before the 2014 elections. I have denied it then itself, and they stopped it after the elections. Now the rumour mill is active again."
|Relationships & More|
|Affair||M. Anil Kumar|
|Marriage Date||Year 1995|
|Husband||M. Anil Kumar (evangelist)
|Children||Son- Raja Reddy
|Parents||Father- Yeduguri Sandinti Rajasekhara Reddy
Mother- Yeduguri Sandinti Vijayamma (politician)
|Siblings||Brother- Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Y. S. Sharmila
- Y. S. Sharmila is an Indian politician and the daughter of the 14th Chief Minister of united Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, who served the post from 2004 to 2009. Her brother, Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy, was elected as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2019.
- Sharmila’s second (and present) husband, Anil Kumar, was a Hindu Brahmin by birth. He changed his religion to Christianity after getting married to Sharmila. It was a love marriage. Both of them have been married twice. Anil is the founder of Anil World Evangelism and has been working as an evangelist since 1998. India Today
- Sharmila came at the centre of public attention for the first time in 2012 when she started campaigning for Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YRSCP) in the absence of her brother, Jaganmohan, who was in jail for a disproportionate assets case at that time. As a part of the election campaign, she went on a 3000 km tour across Andhra Pradesh, covering 14 districts and 116 Assembly constituencies by foot. The yatra that started on 18 Oct 2012 under the name Maro Praja Prasthanam (journey to the people) came to an end after 290 days on 4 August 2013.
- In 2019, she headed an 11-day bus tour in Andhra Pradesh to campaign for YRS in the 2019 Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly polls. The roadshow was named Praja Theerpu (people’s verdict) Bye Bye Babu (bidding goodbye to the then CM of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu).
- Amidst the rumours of a rift between Sharmila and Jaganmohan, speculations are rife that Sharmila will chart her own political course by forming a new regional political party in Telangana. The party is expected to be named as YSR Telangana Party (YSRTP).