Adhuna Akhtar Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Age: 56 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
Hometown: Liverpool, England
|Known for||Being the ex-wife of Indian actor and film director Farhan Akhtar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 Kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Debut||Film Debut : Dil Chahta Hai (as a hair stylist in 2000)|
|Date of Birth||30 March 1967 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||56 Years|
|School||Rainford High School, England|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Farhan Akhtar (Actor)
Nicolo Morea (2017- present)
|Marriage Date||2000 (year)|
|Husband/Spouse||Farhan Akhtar (m. 2000-div. 2016)
|Children||Daughters- Shakya and Akira
|Parents||Father- Ashish Bhabani (Doctor)
Mother- Ann Bhabani (Career Counsellor)
|Siblings||Brother- Osh Bhabani (Younger)
Sister- Nutana Donaldson
|Fashion Designer||Arjun Bhasin and Payal Khandwala|
|Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan and Ranveer Singh|
|Actress(es)||Madonna, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma|
|Film(s)||Bollywood- Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya
Hollywood- Away From The Keyboard
|Travel Destination(s)||Barcelona, Brazil, and Peru|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adhuna Akhtar
- Adhuna Akhtar is an English celebrity hairstylist who often appears as a co-host on the television reality show BBLUNT, which is telecasted on TLC. She is best known for being the ex-wife of Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar.
- Adhuna was born to a Bengali father and an English mother in England. When she was a child, Adhuna used to visit salons along with her mother in England. Her mother, Ann, often had haircuts of different styles. The environment of salons attracted Adhuna so much that since childhood she wanted to become a hairdresser.
- At the age of sixteen, at Worthington Hair, a salon in Northwest England, Adhuna started learning hairdressing skills and dropped her school. She did a three-year apprenticeship at Worthington Hair. When Adhuna was seventeen years old, she participated in the under-21 national junior hairstyling championship and won the competition.
- Soon after finishing her apprenticeship, Adhuna Bhabani worked with Wella as a technical specialist in North West England. She then worked in a partner academy of Wella in London for three years, and later, worked with Toni&Guy and Vidal Sassoon.
- In 1994, Adhuna started working as a guest stylist at the Oberoi Hotel, Mumbai.
- In 1998, Adhuna Bhabani, along with her brother, Osh Bhabani, launched her own salon named Juice in Mumbai. Later, in 2004, they changed the name of their salon from Juice to BBLUNT. Adhuna stated in a conversation with a media house that her venture had the initial B, which was the initial of her surname. She said,
The name comes from Bhabani, my maiden surname as well as the fact that we were very honest with our clients.”
- In 2000, Bhabani made her Bollywood debut as a celebrity hairstylist with the film Dil Chahta Hai. In this movie, she created special hairstyles for each of the actors of the film – Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshaye Khanna. This film paved the way to expand her business and hairdressing skills in Bollywood.
- In 2000, Adhuna married Farhan Akhtar. She was six years older than Farhan Akhtar. They met during the shooting of the film Dil Chahta Hai. They got separated after sixteen years of their marriage on 21 January 2016. Adhuna got custody of her two daughters.
- In 2004, Adhuna was the hairstylist of Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan in the film Lakshya. In this film, the actress Preity Zinta was given two different looks by Adhuna. According to Adhuna Bhabani, it was very tough to style Preity Zinta’s hair in Ladakh’s extreme windy temperature as Preity’s wig started expanding on the first day of the shoot. But, later, they managed to make the look work for the film. Later, she worked as a celebrity hairstylist for more than fifty films including Dil Dhadakne Do, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Dangal, and Raaes.
- In 2017, Adhuna started dating Nicolo Morea. He is the elder brother of Indian actor Dino Morea.
- Adhuna Akhtar remains very active on social media platforms. She is followed by more than 44.3k people on Instagram.
- In 2020, Adhuna Akhtar was featured on the cover of Elle India magazine.
- Adhuna Akhtar is a compassionate animal lover. She often shares pictures of her pet ‘Bonny’ on her Instagram account.
- Adhuna Akhtar often walks ramps at fashion weeks to promote her hair and beauty products of BBLUNT.
- In a conversation with a media house, Adhuna stated that initially, she started preparing tea and coffee for the staff at various salons in the UK. She added that Tony Connell was her mentor. She said,
I started off by making a lot of coffee and tea for the staff and patrons and of course, by shampooing the latter’s hair. Tony Connell was my mentor. He was a larger-than-life character who had great command over his art. He would get huge tips from women. He was always open to sharing his knowledge and I learnt a lot from him.”
- In her leisure time, Adhuna Akhtar adores painting and horse riding. In an interview with a media house, she stated that she was a free soul and wished to represent India in Olympics. She said,
I learnt horse riding at the age of four. Some day, I would like to represent India in horse riding at the Olympics. I love to lead life on my own terms. I’m a free spirit.”