|Birth name||Mohammed Rashid Mohammed Iqbal Kamal The Indian Express|
|Real name||Rashid Khan India Today|
|Other Name(s)||Kamal Rashid Kumar Amar Ujala
Note: In 2022, he adopted his wife’s surname ‘Kumar’ to his name.
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Scriptwriter, Trade Analyst, Film Critic|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
Note: According to some sources, he is bald and wears a wig. Telly Chakkar
|Debut||Film (Hindi; As an actor and producer): Sitam (2005) as Don-Robert
Film (Bhojpuri; As an actor): Munna Pandey Berozgaar (2006) in a cameo role
|Date of Birth||1 January 1975 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Deoband, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Deoband, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||KLDAV PG College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation Kamaal R Khan’s Official Website Mid-Day|
|Religion/Religious Views||In 2014, after the Peshawar school massacre, he said that he wanted to convert from Muslim to Hindu or Christian.
According to his website, his views on religion are,
"India is the best country for any Indian. We should feel proud to be Indians. We all are Indians first and then Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Issai. Anyone is free to do business of his choice whether it is acting, politics or anything else, but nobody should try to divide India for his own benefits. India is the mother of every Indian and mother cannot be divided in Pieces. Every religion is the best for the person who believes in that religion, but any religion does not ask to hate other religions. Because religion or cast cannot be bigger than motherland.”
|Address||Bungalow No. 7/70, Mhada S. V. P. Nagar, Near Versova Telephone Exchange, Andheri (W), Mumbai- 400053, India|
|Controversies||• Ban on his Film Deshdrohi
In 2008, the Maharashtra government banned his Hindi film ‘Deshdrohi.’ The step was taken by the state government to maintain the law and order in the state as the story of the film revolves around a boy who comes from North India and is ill-treated in Maharashtra. The Indian Express In an interview, while talking about the ban, KRK said,
"I don’t interfere in Raj Thackeray’s business, just like I will not appreciate his interference in mine. It might be his political compulsions, otherwise many of his close associates belong to UP and Bihar.”
• Expelled From a Reality Show
In 2009, when KRK was in Bigg Boss 3 house, he went violent with his co-contestant Rohit Verma and threw a water bottle at him. He was then expelled from the house for his violent behaviour. The Indian Express
• Twitter Fight with Kapil Sharma
In 2014, KRK made fun of the Indian comedian Kapil Sharma and wrote nasty things about him on Twitter. India Today KRK tweeted,
"When YRF asked @NargisFakhri to do the film with @KapilSharmaK9 She was laughing loudly n said sorry I don’t have dates. SMS of Nargis – I was shocked to hear offer of YRF to do film with comedian Kapil Sharma. I think they forgot tat I was launched with Ranbir.”
Later, when Kapil was asked about the tweets, he said,
"KRK’s tweets irked me badly yesterday. I didn’t want to retaliate but even I’m a human. I don’t even know who this KRK is. I have never met him, never spoken ill about him. Around six months ago, Mika Singh told me about someone calling me ‘2Rsppl (Two Rupees people)’ on a social networking site. I wondered why this man who never crossed my path would say something like this about me. I was quiet then, but his tweets irked me badly yesterday. I didn’t want to retaliate but even I’m a human.”
• FIR Registered Against him By Sunny Leone
In 2013, Sunny Leone registered an FIR against him after he said some offensive comments about her. KRK said that Sunny commented that “Rape was not a crime.” Later, Sunny said that she did not say that, and she then filed an FIR against KRK at the Versova Police Station. In an interview, when Sunny’s lawyer was asked about the same, the lawyer said,
"Sunny is emotionally and mentally very disturbed with the false allegations levied by Kamaal Khan against her, and the cheap and demeaning jokes that he is continuously posting on his Twitter account in her name, thereby outraging her modesty openly on a public platform.”
• Many Defamations Cases
KRK has made headlines for passing derogatory comments on various Indian celebrities. In 2016, he made negative remarks on the Indian actress Meera Chopra for her acting in the Hindi film ‘1920 London.’ In May 2021, Salman Khan sued him in a defamation case. According to the legal team of Salman Khan, KRK was sued for alleging that Salman Khan was involved in fraud and money laundering through his NGO Being Human. Later, KRK took to Twitter to share a photo of the legal notice sent by Salman Khan and alleged that he was being sued for his unflattering review of Salman Khan's new film Radhe; however, Salman's legal team denied the claim. The Quint
• A Fight with Ajay Devgn
In 2016, the Indian actor Ajay Devgn said that Karan Johar had paid KRK Rs 25 lakhs for giving negative reviews for Ajay’s film ‘Shivaay.’ It was said that as Ajay’s film ‘Shivaay’ and Karan’s film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ were released on the same date, so Karan paid KRK to give negative feedback of Shivaay. Later, KRK said instead of Karan, Ajay’s manager had paid him for giving negative reviews of Karan’s film. Hindustan Times Later, Ajay issued a statement which reads,
"I have been a part of the Indian film industry for the past 25 years and have been associated with over 100 films. My father was a professional action director and I have an emotional connection with this industry. It, therefore, pains me to see that people like Kamaal R Khan are holding the film industry to ransom by spreading negativity about films to extort money from producers. It is very sad that people from our own industry are supporting such elements and spoiling the ethos of the film industry. I would strongly demand that this be thoroughly investigated by competent authorities to clarify if Karan Johar was indeed involved in this.”
• Infamous “2 Rs Actor” Comment
KRK has made a derogatory remark “2 Rs actors” to many Indian actors such as Salman Khan, Varun Dhawan, Ranveer Singh, and Arjun Kapoor. The Indian Express
• Demeaning Comments on the Indian Celebrities
Kamaal has always been criticised for making personal attacks on the Indian celebrities. Once, he called the Indian actor Akshay Kumar ‘dhongi’ and Vijay Deverakonda “Vijay Anakonda.” He was criticised by the netizens for saying that the Indian cricketer Virat Kohli was in depression because of Anushka Sharma. KRK even had a Twitter war with Kangana Ranaut’s sister Rangoli Chandel. KRK had made some comments on the acid attack affected face of Rangoli, to which Rangoli said KRK was a dog. The Indian Express The Quint
• Diss Track War with Mika Singh
In June 2021, KRK and Mika Singh got into a war of words after Mika slammed sided with Salman Khan. Later, Mika Singh released a diss track against KRK titled KRK Kutta (KRK is a dog) and in reply, KRK also released a video titled 'Mika Suwar Singer." KRK also declared that he was Mika Singh’s ‘baap (father)’ in a tweet after his video surpassed the views than that of Mika's. However, KRK’s video song was deleted by YouTube. Hindustan Times
• Arrested for Controversial Tweets
On 30 August 2022, the Mumbai Police arrested him over his controversial tweet in 2020 in which he made derogatory remarks about late actors Rishi Kapoor and Irrfan Khan. After his arrest, he complained of having chest pain and was shifted to a hospital. News 18
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Anita Kumar aka Aisha Kamaal Khan
|Children||Son- Faisal Mohamed Rashid Kamal
Daughter- Farah Khan
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||He has five siblings.|
|Food||Aloo Gobhi, Kadhi Chawal, Karela Pyaaz, Kaddu Chawal, Veg Tahari, Ghee-Chatni-Roti, Daal Chawal, Anda Kofta, Chicken Biryani, Methi Prawns|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor|
|Film Director||Mohit Suri|
|Assets/Properties||• An apartment and office in Mumbai
• A luxury home named ‘Jannat’ (named derived from Shah Rukh Khan’s bungalow Mannat) in Dubai MensXP
|Net Worth (approx.)||As of 2022, his net worth is Rs 37 crore. MensXP|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamaal R Khan
- Kamaal R Khan (KRK) is an Indian actor, film critic, film producer, scriptwriter, and trade analyst.
- In one of his tweets, he shared that in his childhood, his father used to beat him like an animal. He tweeted,
My father harassed me, beat me like an animal and kicked my ass almost every day in my childhood so #HappyFathersDay to my kick ass father. According my parents I was worst child of them out of 6 coz I was going to school instead of doing farming n watching films with my friends (sic). My mother wanted me to marry my cousin when I was 15 years old. I could have been my mother’s favourite if I married my cousin sister when I was fifteen years old and then took to farming.”
In another tweet, he talked about his mother. He said once his mother wanted to give him poison. He tweeted,
Once upon a time, you wanted to give poison but today you are proud of me. (Sic) My mother was angry with me for watching films so she thought dat I will destroy the reputation of family hence she wanted to give me poison.”
- During his graduation days, he worked as a writer for a regional newspaper. He then shifted to Mumbai from Delhi to make his career as a writer.
- He has worked as an air conditioner repair technician in Dubai.
- He once shared how he met his wife Anita Kumar aka Aisha Kamaal Khan. He said,
Many ppl ask me about my wife. So today I am giving them details. First time I met my wife in Mumbai Santacruz with her father Then somhow I got her number n called her n she shouted at me coz she thought dat I’m trying to flirt with her. Waise Bhi she hated Muslims. I was able to convince my wife after one-year dat I really love her n want to marry her. But she wanted to be sure dat I don’t drink alcohol so finally, we got married n living happily till date. I helped her 4 younger brothers, who are staying in Dubai with their family now. Pls note, I don’t have any property, company, car, bank account in my name. All are in the name of my wife so I am 100% #2Rsppl without her.”
- In 2008, he acted in the Hindi film ‘Deshdrohi.’ The film was one of Bollywood’s biggest flops. KRK came into the limelight for his poor acting skills in the film.
- In 2009, he participated in the Hindi TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 3.’ In one of the episodes of the show, he said,
At my home milk comes from Holland and water from France, I pay 10,000 employees and live in a huge bungalow. After that, the high and mighty KRK hit fellow inmate Rohit Verma with a bottle.”
- According to the sources, he once proposed to the Indian TV actress Sara Khan through Twitter. Earlier, he used to send kiss emojis to the Indian actress Asin Thottumkal. India Today In one of his tweets, he said,
Its official that yesterday I have broken up with my Moroccan girlfriend Sabah but today I am already in love with Sara khan TV actress.”
- In 2010, he was given Baalti Award at the Zee Gold Awards.
- In February 2010, KRK started working as a film critic and shared his film reviews through his Twitter account. On 25 May 2013, he started his self-titled YouTube channel on which he shares film reviews, song reviews, and reviews on various other topics. He gained immense popularity with his reviews on YouTube. As of 2022, his YouTube followers are more than 1.11 million, and his Twitter followers are more than 5.1 million.
- In one of his tweets in 2013, he shared that he did not smoke or drink alcohol.
- In 2014, he started his entertainment website KRK BOX OFFICE, and at the launch event, Amitabh Bachchan was the chief guest.
- In the same year, the Indian political party Samajwadi Party gave him a ticket from Mumbai, but he worked as a politician for only 15 days.
- He was then seen in the Hindi film ‘Ek Villain’ (2014) in which he played the role of Brijesh.
- In 2014, he received an award from the then President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
- In April 2018, he tweeted about his diagnosis of stage 3 stomach cancer. The tweet also mentioned two of his dreams.
- Kamaal has been featured in various Hindu music videos like “Tum Meri Ho” (2019) and “Pyar Ka Naam Khuda Rakkha Hai” (2020). The Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan took to Twitter to promote KRK’s song “Tum Meri Ho.” He tweeted,
WOWWWW Never before seen side of actor, critic and now lyricist #KRK! #TumMeriHo song featuring #Aayra! Music by #DJShezwood. Directed by #NitishChandra!”
- Kamaal R Khan has also worked as a trade analyst, and he owns a tour and travel business ‘KRK Tour and Travels’ in Dubai. KRK also runs a clothing business.
- His name KRK is inspired by Shah Rukh Khan’s name ‘SRK.’ In an interview, he said,
Mujhe fark nahin padta ki woh believe karte hain ya nahin. I am the King Khan in my own right. Jo aur King Khan hain, woh apni duniya ke honge!”
- He is always spotted wearing a pistol locket around his neck.
- In 2022, KRK took to his Instagram to announce the remake of his Hindi film ‘Deshdrohi.’
- In May 2022, his biography book titled Controversial KRK was launched, the book is written by Ranbir Pushp.
- On 24 September 2022, he took to social media to announce that after the Bollywood film Vikram Vedha, starring Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan, he would not review any other film. He blamed Bollywood for his decision and said that he was forced to quit his work as a film critic. He wrote,
I quit. #VikramVedha is the last film, I will review. Thank you all for trusting my reviews n making me the biggest critic in the history of Bollywood. Thanks to all the Bollywood ppl also for not accepting me as a critic but filing so many cases against me to stop my reviews.”
I quit. #VikramVedha is the last film, I will review. Thank you all for trusting my reviews n making me the biggest critic in the history of Bollywood. Thanks to all the Bollywood ppl also for not accepting me as a critic but filing so many cases against me to stop my reviews.❤️
— KRK (@kamaalrkhan) September 24, 2022