|Lip-syncing videos on Bollywood songs along with his sister and posting them on Instagram
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)
|- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 33 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|2022: Honour from diplomat Binaya Pradhan from the High Commission’s office of India
|Date of Birth
|9 October 1995 (Monday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Mindu Tulieni, Pwani, Tanzania
|Morogoro Secondary School, Tanzania
Note: He studied till call seventh. Scroll.in
|Massai tribe News 18
|Dancing, Acting, Gymming
|In 2022, Kili took to social media and revealed that he was attacked by a group of people. He shared a video on his YouTube channel in which he is seen lying on a stretcher with a bandage on his thumb and injury marks on his legs. He posted a story on Instagram and wrote,
People want me down but God will always take me up. Pray for me. I was attacked by 5 people in the movement of defending myself. My right-hand toe was injured by a knife and I got 5 stitches. I was beaten by sticks and clubs, but thank God, I defended myself after beating two people. They ran away but I was already injured. Pray for me…this is scary." Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More
|Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Sister- Neema Paul (content creator)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kili Paul
- Kili Paul is a Tanzanian content creator who is known for posting videos of lip-syncing Bollywood songs along with his sister on Instagram. He gained immense popularity with his lip-syncing on the song ‘Raatan Lambiyan’ along with his sister.
- Kili was born in the village, Mindu Tulieni, where he lives with his parents and extended family. He looks after herds of cattle along with his family. In an interview, he revealed that there was no electricity in his village because of which he had to walk for ten kilometres to another village to charge his phone.
- He was called by the name Yusuf when he was in school, but his father later decided to call him Kili which is short for Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest peak.
- He studied in his village school till class four and later, he shifted to a school in Dodoma, where he studied up to the seventh standard. He had to give up his studies due to his poor family conditions. However, he learned English and speakers the language fluently. Apart from English, he can also speak French and Spanish.
- Kili loved watching Hindi films and enjoyed Hindi music since childhood. Therefore, he started expressing his love for Bollywood songs through his videos on social media. Initially, he posted videos of himself dancing and singing Bollywood songs, but later, his sister Neema also joined him in his videos. In an interview, he said that he learned the pronunciation of each Hindi word from Google. In the interview, he further said,
When I like a song, I go to YouTube, learn the lyrics, and then go to Google to see how they pronounce each word because I don’t want to miss any. Then I try to find the song’s English translation. I add my own expressions to love songs because love is love everywhere. So, yeah, I check the meaning of each part before recording.”
- In an interview, he revealed that his family thought he was mad when they saw him practising Hindi songs for hours in the house. According to Kili, people in his village do not know how famous he is because they do not have access to the internet.
- He has over 2 million subscribers on Instagram including various Indian actors Ayushmann Khurrana, Gul Panag, and Richa Chadda.
- In February 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated Kili and his sister’s efforts of lip-syncing Hindi songs in the programme, Mann Ki Baat. In the programme, Modi said,
Talking about Indian culture and my heritage, today I want to introduce you to two people in ‘Mann Ki Baat’. These days, two Tanzanian siblings, Kili Paul and her sister Nima, are in the news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and I’m sure you, too, must have heard about them. He has a passion, a passion for Indian music and that is why he is also very popular. His way of lip sync shows how hard he works for it.”
- In September 2022, he attended the Meta Creator Day event along with other creators where he was seen dancing with actor Ranveer Singh on a song.
- In October 2022, he entered Bigg Boss 16 house as a guest and danced with the contestants on the song ‘Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast.’ He also made Instagram reels with contestants Abdu Rozik and Mc Stan.
- On 8 October 2022, he entered the show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10’ as a guest and danced with judge Madhuri Dixit on the song Channe Ke Khet Mein. In an interview, he talked about his entry into the show and said,
Nothing compares to the joy of dancing for me and so I’m thrilled to have joined the show. I have received love in abundance from India and as everyone can tell, I’m hooked to its culture. Shaking a leg with great dancers on this show has been amazing. I’m making some of the best memories on this show. I thank the contestants and judges Karan Johar, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Nora Fatehi.”
- He often posts videos on social media in which he is seen performing his traditional dance form on his tribal songs.
- In the pictures he posts on his social media, he refers to himself as a Maasai warrior in the caption.
- In an interview, he said that he earns money by promoting various products on social media.