Neelam Kothari Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography, & More
Hometown: Hong Kong
Age: 53 Years
Husband: Samir Soni
|Full Name||Neelam Kothari Soni Instagram|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Jewellery Designer|
|Famous Role||‘Kiran’ in the 1989 Bollywood film “Ghar Ka Chiraag”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Jawaani (1984) as 'Sanam'
Web Series: Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives (2020) as 'Herself'
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Blackswan Award for Women Empowerment (2019)
• Iconic Achievers Award for Most Promising Jeweller of The Year (2019)
• Global Spa Fit and Fab Jeweller Award (2019)
|Date of Birth||9 November 1967 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||53 Years|
|School||Island School, Hong Kong|
|Ethnicity||Gujarati-Iranian Indian Express|
|Controversy||On 5 April 2018, Neelam, along with "Hum Saath Saath Hain" co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, and Sonali Bendre, was acquitted by Jodhpur High Court in the 1998 blackbuck killing case in which Salman Khan was convicted and was sentenced to 5-year jail; Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri pronounced the verdict. The Economic Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Bobby Deol (Actor)
• Salman Khan (Rumoured; Actor)
• Samir Soni (Actor)
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage to Rishi Sethia: Year 2000
• Second Marriage to Sameer Soni: Year 2011
|Husband/Spouse||• Rishi Sethia (son of a UK based businessman; Divorced)
• Samir Soni
|Parents||Father- Shishir Kothari (Businessman)
Mother- Parveen Kothari (Former Model)
|Siblings||Brother- Afsheen Kothari
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neelam Kothari
- Neelam Kothari is an Indian actress turned jewellery designer.
- She grew up in a well-to-do family in Hong Kong.
- In her school days, she was a member of Rutherford house.
- Later, her family shifted from Hong Kong to Bangkok.
- Neelam knows how to play the Keyboard since childhood. She was also trained in the Jazz and Ballet dance forms in childhood.
- Once when Neelam was on a holiday to Mumbai, she was approached by the film director Ramesh Behl to play a role in his film “Jawaani” (1984).
- Although her debut film “Jawaani” did not perform well at the box office, Neelam was approached for films like “Andaz Pyar Ka” (1986), “Khudgarz” (1987), “Khatron Ke Khiladi” (1988), “Sindoor” (1988), and “Gharana” (1989).
- She shot to fame with the film “Ghar Ka Chiraaz” (1989) in which she played the role of ‘Kiran.’
- She has also appeared in the Bollywood films “Agneepath” (1990), “Indrajeet” (1991), “Santaan” (1995), “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” (1998), and “Hum Saath Saath Hain” (1999).
- In 2001, Neelam gave up her acting career and established herself as a jewellery designer.
- In 2011, Kothari opened a jewellery store named Neelam Kothari Fine Jewels in Mumbai.
- When Neelam started her acting career in 1984, she did not even know how to speak Hindi.
- She has been featured on the cover of the Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
- Neelam is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Casper.
- She is a good friend of Ekta Kapoor, Maheep Kapoor, and Seema Khan.
- In an interview, Neelam shared that the first car that she ever bought with her own money was a dark blue coloured Maruti 1000.
- She did 14 movies with Govinda and 8 out of them were hits.
|↑3||The Economic Times|