Hometown: Cardiff, Wales
Education: Diploma In Acting
Age: 29 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Telugu Film: Puli (2010) as 'Madhumathi'
Kannada Film: Narasimha (2012) as 'Varsha'
Tamil Film: Thalaivan (2014) as 'Anusha'
|Date of Birth||20 July 2019 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|College/University||Peter Wooldridges’ Acting School, Cardiff|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduate in Psychology
• Diploma in Acting
|Hobbies||Dancing, Watching movies|
|Controversies||• In September 2019, Nikesha wished birthday to Pawan Kalyan through her Twitter account with a negative tag '#HappayBirthdayPawalaKalyan' created by his haters for his performance in the Lok Sabha Elections. The wish landed Nikesha in great trouble with Kalyan's fans, who slammed her for writing a negative tag. As soon as Nikesha found out, she deleted her tweet and wished Pawan Kalyan with the correct hashtag and apologised for her mistake. In addition to this, she also pleaded the haters to not to be so mean to her, but when they did not listen, she announced that she was going to stop using her social media account until the trolls stopped. India Today
• In 2018, S Sreesanth, who had participated in Bigg Boss, claimed that he was in love with his wife, Bhuvneshwari Kumari, 7 years before he got married to her. This angered Nikesha Patel, who told that Sreesanth was in a relationship with her during that time. Her statements drew a lot of media attention. She said-
"We broke up around the time I was shooting for Varadhanayaka, which was in 2012. What was he doing with me if he claims he was in love with his wife all the time that we were in a relationship? It makes me feel bad." Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• S Sreesanth (2011-2012)
• Prabhu Deva (rumoured)
|Parents||Names not known
|Siblings||Brother- Roshel Patel
|Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikesha Patel
- Nikesha Patel was born into a Gujarati Family. UC News While Nikesha is living in India, her family lives in Wales.
- When Nikesha Patel was 15 years old, she was a part of the BBC TV shows like “Casualty,” “Tracy Beaker,” and “Doctor Who.”
- In 2006, Nikesha won Miss Wales Charity and went on to win many titles at Miss India UK contest in the same year.
- When Dev Anand (a good friend of Nikesha’s father) was making a film titled “Beauty Queen,” he approached Nikesha to act in his film. Unfortunately, the film got shelved.
- When Dev Anand’s film ‘Beauty Queen’ got shelved, Nikesha was advised to try her luck in the South Indian movies.
- Nikesha made her debut in the Kannada film industry with the film “Narasimha” in 2012 and won SIIMA Award for Best Female Debutant for her performance.
- Nikesha has acted in several blockbuster South Indian films like “Varadhanayaka” (2013), “Om 3D” (2013), “Yennamo Yedho” (2014), “Alone” (2015), “Narathan” (2015), “7 Naatkal” (2016), “Bhaskar Oru Rascal” (2018), and “Market Raja MBBS” (2019).
- In an interview, Nikesha revealed that she admired Madhuri Dixit and wanted to become like her. Nikesha added that she was bad at acting and told-
I was a terrible actor and the famed Peter Woolridge’s acting school rejected me six times in three years. But, I finally made it in, and ended up with a diploma in acting.”
- In 2018, Nikesha drew a lot of media attention about her marriage with Prabhu Deva. During a media interaction, when she was asked about whether she desired to work with Prabhu or not; she replied that not just a movie, she wanted to marry him. Her statement led the media to believe that she was getting married to Prabhu. She later clarified that they were not getting married and Prabhu was only a friend to her.
- She is also a trained Kathak and hip hop dancer.
- She is a bird lover and has many pet birds; two of her birds are named ‘Totsy’ and ‘Pearl.’ In 2019, one of the birds, Totsy, died because of egg binding (a serious condition in which a bird is unable to pass an egg through reproductive tract).
References/Sources: [ + ]