|Profession(s)||Actress & Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Singing: Saat Saheliyan (Vidhaata) (1982)
Film (As a Child Artist): Ek Khiladi Bawan Pattey (1972)
Film (As a Lead Actress): Ahista Ahista (1981)
Album: Music Lover Dance Dance (1985) (with Bappi Lahiri)
TV: Ekk Nayi Pehchaan (2013)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1981: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Insaaf Ka Tarazu
1982: Filmfare Special Performance Award for Ahista Ahista
1983: Filmfare Best Actress Award for Prem Rog
2006: Screen Best Actress Award for Chimani Pakhar
|Date of Birth||1 November 1965|
|Age (as in 2018)||52 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Cooking|
|Controversy||In 1980, she was highly criticized for going against Indian culture, when she kissed Prince Charles on his cheek (during his India trip). She was just 16 years old at that time.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 August 1986|
|Husband/Spouse||Pradeep Sharma (alias Tutu Sharma) (Film Producer)
|Children||Son- Priyank Pradeep Sharma
|Parents||Father- Pandharinath Kolhapure (a Classical Singer)
Mother- Nirupama Kolhapure (in an Airline Job)
• Shivangi Kapoor (Actress)
• Tejaswini Kolhapure (Actress)
|Favourite Food||Rajma Chawal|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Rishi Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Actresses||Sridevi, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favourite Designer(s)||Zuhair Murad, Manish Malhotra, Roberto Cavalli, and Payal Singhal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Padmini Kolhapure
- She was the second child to her parents among three daughters.
- She belonged to a music rich family. Her father was a trained Classical Singer and Veena player. She started learning music at an early age.
- She always wanted to be a singer. In 1973, she made her singing debut as a child for the film, ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat.’ She sang in the chorus for songs with her sister Shivangi.
- In 1977, she played as a child artist in the film, ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram.’ Her role in the film was considered her most popular child role.
- In 1980, she was condemned by the Indian media and public for kissing Prince Charles, during his India visit.
- In 1981, at the age of 15, she received her first Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 1982, she appeared in the film, ‘Prem Rog’ opposite Rishi Kapoor and won her Filmfare Award for Best Actress at the age of 17.
- In 1985, she did a film, ‘Do Dilon Ki Dastaan.’ During the shooting, she was not well and even worked when had a fever on.
- In 1993, she appeared in the movie, ‘Professor Ki Padosan’ and took a break from the film industry.
- In 1999, she made a comeback as a Producer for the film, ‘Rockford.’
- In 2003, she returned to acting after almost 10 years with a Marathi film, ‘Chimani Pakhar.’
- She was selected for the TV serial, ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ to play the role of Tulsi Virani, after Smriti Irani left the show. Due to some reasons, the role went to Gautami Kapoor.
- She was also offered to work in the films such as Ek Duuje Ke Liye, Silsila, and Ram Teri Ganga Maili. But due to her busy schedule, she couldn’t be a part of these hit films.
- She has opened acting schools in Hyderabad & Delhi and a grooming and modelling academy in Mumbai.
- She also owns a boutique named “PadmaSitaa.”