Rita Bhaduri Age, Death Cause, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Rita Bhaduri|
|Famous Role||"Imarti Devi" (Babbu's grandmother) in Star Bharat's serial 'Nimki Mukhiya'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||4 November 1955|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Death||17 July 2018|
|Place of Death||Sujay Hospital, Vile Parle, Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||62 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/Institute||Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)|
|Educational Qualification||An FTII Course|
|Debut||Film: Teri Talash Mein (1968)
TV: Zindagi (1987)
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Navin Nischol (Actor)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Chandrima Bhaduri (Actress)
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham|
|Favourite Actresses||Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra, Divyanka Tripathi|
|Favourite Activist||Anna Hazare|
|Favourite Singer/Musician(s)||A. R. Rahman, Alka Yagnik, Rekha Bhardwaj|
|Favourite Athlete(s)||Mary Kom, Saina Nehwal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rita Bhaduri
- Rita was born into a middle-class Bengali family.
- Being born to an actress mother, she was always fascinated by acting.
- She was from the 1973 batch of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune and her batch included actress, Zarina Wahab.
- Kamal Haasan made his Malayalam film debut in ‘Kanyakumar’ (1974) alongside Rita.
- She had an acting career of over 5 decades, where she played pivotal supporting roles in films like- Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Kya Kehna, Dil Vil Pyar Vyar and “Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon.
- Despite being a Bengali, she had tasted a good amount of success in Gujarati films.
- Since the early 1990s, she was more seen the television and acclaimed fame by playing roles of a mother or grandmother in shows like- Hasratein, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Khichdi, Ek Nayi Pehchaan, Amanat, Ek Mahal Ho Sapnon Ka, and Kumkum.
- In the latter part of her acting career, she was more inclined towards the television because she found that there is more scope for women-centric roles in television than Bollywood.
- Her name is often confused with Jaya Bachchan‘s sister Rita Bhaduri Verma.
- She was suffering from kidney ailment and had to go for dialysis every alternate day and was at the Sujay Hospital in Vile Parle, Mumbai for a week and was fighting her kidney ailment. On 17 July, at around 1:45 am, she took her last breath after a cardiac arrest.
- She was last seen in Star Bharat’s popular serial ‘Nimki Mukhiya’ as “Imarti Devi,” the grandmother of Abhishek Sharma or “Babbu.”