|Profession(s)||Singer and Entreprenuer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||Song, Hindi (Singer): Tere Bina (2010)
|Date of Birth||2 April 1984 (Thursday) Watford Observer|
|Age (as in 2020)||36 Years|
|School||Watford Grammar School for Girls, London|
|College/University||King’s College, London|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Business Management Watford Observer|
|Ethnicity||Gujarati The Times of India|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Swimming|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ashwini Shah
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Hemina Shah, Elder (Singer)
|Singer(s)||Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, and Mohammed Rafi|
|Food||Pizza and Paneer-Naan|
|Drink(s)||Juice and Tea|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Avina Shah
- Avina Shah is a well-known British singer of Indian origin.
- Her elder sister, Hemina Shah, is a singer too, and she is married to Jay Shah, a Singapore-based multimillionaire internet entrepreneur.
- She started her training in music at the age of 3 from her gurus in India. When she was 16 years old, she performed professionally for the first time. Asian Express
- She wanted to become a dancer, but later, she decided to pursue her career as a singer. In an interview, she talked about her musical journey, she said,
I come from a very musical family, who have always supported my music and encouraged me to pursue this field. I started very young, I even have pictures of me playing the keyboard before my first birthday! My first stage performance was a dance I did when I was 3 (although that didn’t quite go to plan because I decided to run off stage half-way through!). I’ve taken part in many stage shows throughout my childhood & teens and it’s helped me to build up experience and stage confidence over all the years.”
- During her college days, she started working as a hair and make-up artist. She did make-up of the Indian brides residing in the UK.
- In October 2010, her debut Hindi song, ‘Tere Bina,’ was released with an aim to support victims of domestic violence and to donate the revenue to the Southall Black Sisters Charity. It was based on the real life story of Kiranjit Ahluwalia. A Hollywood film was also made on Kiranjit Ahluwalia’s life titled ‘Provoked’ in 2006, in which the famous Indian actress Aishwarya Rai played the lead role.
- With her entertainment and management company, ‘Eastern Illusion Ltd,’ she has performed live at various stage shows across different countries.
- She has lent her voice for various songs, and some of her singles are ‘Dil Deewana’ (featuring rapper, Blaze Blackheart and classical Qawwali vocalist, Balwant Panesar) in 2011, ‘Aao Na’ in August 2013, ‘Playboy’ (2018), and ‘Husan Di Rani’ (2020).
- In 2016, she launched her own beauty products brand, ‘Faces by Aniva.’
- In 2020, she released a music video, ‘Groove;’ featuring the famous Jamaican cricketer, Chris Gayle.
- Her song ‘Sitaaro Pe Nazar’ (2020) was dedicated to the COVID-19 warriors.
- In 2020, Avina and her sister, Hemina uploaded a video song for their mother on the YouTube channel of Avina.
- In an interview, she talked about managing two professions simultaneously, she said,
My weekends in particular are so busy, it’s just go go go and no time to stop! My manager keeps my diary super organised so that helps a lot, although I do wish there were more hours in the day! But the passion & love for what I do is what keeps me going, as well as the amazing support from everyone.”
- She broke her knee while skiing, during her trip to France in 2020. In an interview, she talked about this accident, she said,
It’s been a long road of recovery after my accident mentally and physically. There were days where I thought how am I ever going to be able to walk, dance and live normally again? I’m not much of an exercise person, but one thing that has really helped me heal is Yoga and regular stretching. It’s given me so much hope mentally and also physically helped me improve on my flexibility. With practicing regular yoga, it’s now become a new way of life for me and I would highly recommend it to everyone to give it a go!”
- She has also featured on the cover of various popular magazines.
- She has a collection of soft toys especially teddy bears at her home.
- In one of her Instagram’s posts, she said that she bought a guitar during the coronavirus lockdown and shared her desire to learn playing the guitar.
- She is a dog lover and has posted pictures with a dog on her Instagram account.
- She is often spotted with the Indian celebrities at various parties and events.
- She plays basketball and golf with her family whenever she gets free time.
- When she was asked the most cheesy pickup line she ever heard, she replied,
Feel my shirt… it’s boyfriend material.”
- She is associated with various charitable organizations and is a supporter of women empowerment.