|Real Name||Gunraj Singh Dhaliwal (Before sex-change)
Gazal Dhaliwal (After sex-change)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actress): Agli Baar (2015; short)
Film (Writer): Wazir (2016)
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|School||Budha Dal Public School, Patiala|
|College/University||• Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
• Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Chemical Engineering
• A Course in Filmmaking
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Singing, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Bhajan Partap Singh Dhaliwal
Mother- Sukarni Dhaliwal
|Favourite Singer(s)||Amit Trivedi, A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite TV Shows||Indian: Satyamev Jayate
American: Mad Men, Modern Family, Six Feet Under, Friends
|Favourite Book(s)||• Terribly Tiny Tales by Penguin Books India
• Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
• The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
• Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
|Favourite Athlete(s)||Cricketer- Sachin Tendulkar
Tennis Player- Maria Sharapova
- Does Gazal Dhaliwal smoke?: No
- Does Gazal Dhaliwal drink alcohol?: No
- Gazal Dhaliwal is a transgender woman who was first identified herself as a woman at the age of five, but at that time, she didn’t share about it with anyone.
- At the age of 14, she first shared it with her father, but he was unable to understand at that time.
- Once she was too depressed that she runs away from the home.
- Later, her parents started supporting her and in 2007, after she underwent a Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS), her gender was completely changed from male to female.
- Till the age of 25, her name was Gunraj Singh Dhaliwal.
- Gazal Dhaliwal started her career as a software engineer in 2004 at Infosys Technologies Ltd. in Mysore, Karnataka.
- She left the software engineering job in 2005 to fulfil her dream of becoming a writer for Bollywood.
- She then studied filmmaking from the Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC) in Mumbai for a year.
- After that, Gazal started assisting film director, Govind Nihalani on an animation film script.
- In 2014, she appeared on the set of Aamir Khan‘s Satyamev Jayate Season 3 in an episode of ‘Accepting Alternate Sexualities.’ She shared their whole life story of transition publicly.
- She did her first short film, Agli Baar in 2015.
- In 2016, Gazal Dhaliwal, along with her eight-member team, attended the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) on Transgender Rights in the USA. It was the first Indian team of this kind to be the part of a three-week exchange program that was organised by the US Department of State.
- She has written the dialogues for several films like ‘Wazir’ (2016), ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ (2016), and ‘Qarib Qarib Singlle’ (2017).
- She co-wrote the screenplay of the film ‘Qarib Qarib Singlle’ (2017).
- In 2018, Gazal wrote the story of the short film ‘A Monsoon Date.’
- She also wrote the story, dialogues, and screenplay of the film ‘Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga’ (2019).
- Gazal Dhaliwal is a dog lover.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)