|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||27 October 1995 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||25 Years|
|School||D.A.V. Public School, Delhi|
|College/University||P.G.D.A.V College, University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (2013-2016) LinkedIn|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian YouTube|
|Address||Bharat Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Phase-4, Delhi|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Rajesh Sahani
Mother- Reema Sahani
|Siblings||Brother- Karan Sahani
Sister- Sonia Sahani
|Comedian||Abhishek Upmanyu, Zakir Khan, Nishant Tanwar|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Film(s)||Bhagam Bhag, Hera Pheri|
|Journalist||Anjana Om Kashyap|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Inder Sahani
- Inder Sahani is a famous Indian stand-up comic and the founder of the comedy collective Chai-Matthi Tales.
- Inder shifted to Delhi when he was in the fifth standard due to his father’s job transfer. He started doing theatre when he was fourteen years old, and he was often selected for comedy roles because of his good comic timing.
- When he was in the 12th standard, one of his teachers told him about the genre of stand-up comedy. According to him, he was inspired by the likes of Raju Srivastav, Sunil Pal, and Kapil Sharma to pursue a career in stand-up comedy. He even performed the character of Inspector Shamsher Singh (a character often played by Kapil Sharma) in a school play.
- Inder was very active on stage during his college days, be it stand-up comedy or theatre. He started his stand-up career at the age of 21 and performed at his first open mic at Akshara Theatre in New Delhi.
- He tanked at the first four consecutive open mics and thought of leaving stand-up comedy. His first comedy set that worked was ‘Mote Log, Keede & Horny Autowalas,’ which took him sixteen months to prepare. The video was later uploaded on the YouTube channel Chai-Matthi Tales, and the video has crossed more than 5 million views as of 2021.
- In 2017, he formed the famous comedy collective Chai-Matthi Tales with two other comedians, Ravi Khurana and Gourav Mahna. The collective is known for its stand-up comedy shows, parody videos, YouTube sketches, and web series.
- During the COVID-19 lockdown, Inder underwent a weight loss journey after getting inspired by the physical transformation of Jeeveshu Ahluwalia, another popular stand-up comic. In an interview, he mentioned that he went 52 days without a single cheat meal.
- Sahani is the winner of the stand-up comedy show “Sabse Funny Kaun?,” released on Flipkart Video on 28th September 2020. The show was hosted by actor and comedian Varun Sharma.
- In a YouTube video, when he was asked what he would do if he became the Prime minister for one day, he said,
Sabse pehla kaam main karunga ki main education sudhargunga is country ki aur main shuruwat unse karunga jin hone muje di this. Main education ministry ko seedha karunga is desh ki.
- Inder toured many Indian cities with his comedy special “Ab Hai Apki Baari” in 2021. According to him, the tour was one of his biggest dreams ever.
- His favourite city to perform stand-up is his hometown Delhi. His favourite comedy set to perform was ‘Pilot, Sundar Air-Hostess & Plane Crash.’ Later, he released the video of this set on his self-titled YouTube channel.
- In an interview, when he was asked for a piece of advice for the beginning stand-up comics, he said,
My advice in every such session I have been in the last four months has been same that just keep writing and keep trying. Zakir khan ki ek statement hai ki koi bhi esa passion nahi hai jo job ke saath carry na kara ja sake because if u are not serious about it aur aap keh rahe ho ki aapko us passion ke liye time nahi mil pa raha so then wo aapka passion nahi hai.”