Age: 30 Years
|Real name/Full name||Jai Anmol Ambani Aajtak|
|Known For||Being Anil Ambani's son|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||12 December 1991|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|School||• Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai
• Seven Oaks School, United Kingdom
|College/University||Warwick business school, UK|
|Educational Qualification||BSc in management Ndtv|
|Address||A 17-storeyed Sea Wind building in Cuffe Parade, South Mumbai
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing Football, Listening to Music|
|Controversy||In April 2021, the Maharashtra government imposed lockdown in the light of increasing Covid-19 cases. Displeased with the situation, Anmol Ambani took to the microblogging site, Twitter and slammed the government and its policies in a series of tweets. He used the hashtag #Scamdemic and tweeted against the use of masks and vaccines.
He also tweeted about the unfair essential and non-essential categorisation during the semi-lockdown in Maharashtra.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Sunday, 20 February 2022|
|Parents||Father- Anil Ambani (businessman and industrialist)
Mother- Tina Ambani (former Bollywood actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Jai Anshul Ambani
|Grandparents||Paternal Grandfather- Dhirubhai Ambani
Paternal Grandmother- Kokilaben Ambani
Maternal Grandfather- Nandkumar Chunilal Munim
Maternal Grandmother- Meenakshi Munim
|Other relatives||Uncle- Mukesh Ambani (Businessman)
Aunt- Nita Ambani (Businessperson and Philanthropist)
• Akash Ambani (married to Shloka Mehta)
• Anant Ambani
• Isha Ambani (married to Anand Piramal)
|Subject||Economics (macroeconomics and policies)|
|Football club||Real Madrid CF|
|Car Collection||Lamborghini Gallardo, Rolls Royce Phantom, W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class, Range Rover Vogue, Toyota Fortuner, Lexus SUV, Mercedes GLK350|
|Jet Collection||Bombardier Global Express XRS, Bell 412 (Helicopter), Global Express (Aircraft), Falcon 2000, Falcon 7X|
|Salary (as an Additional Director Reliance Capital)||INR 1.2 Crore (annual)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$3.3 billion (INR 20000 Crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jai Anmol Ambani
- Jai Anmol Ambani is an Indian businessman, who is best known for being the eldest son of Indian businessman and industrialist, Anil Ambani.
- Growing up in an extremely well-to-do family and having a rich background, Anmol was taught the value of money since his childhood by his parents. In an interview, his mom, Tina Ambani revealed that as a child, Anmol used to go Pony riding daily and his father noticed that he comes back home with a cheap toy daily. Later, the nanny who accompanied him for the lessons told Tina that Anmol cried daily to buy a new toy so she used to buy her the toys. Upon learning this, Tina made Anmol understand the value of money and told him that getting new toys daily was “just not done”. South China Morning Post
- At the tender age of 18, he did his summer internship with Reliance Mutual Fund (RMF) for two months, wherein he learned the company & sector analysis, practical aspects of financial statements, and portfolio creation.
- Anmol started investing in the stock markets from an early age.
- In 2014, he joined Reliance Mutual Fund. Before joining, Anmol took time to travel the world and meet people around the globe.
- A media house reported that Anmol had active participation in the ₹12,000-crore acquisition of Jaypee Associates’ power assets, as Reliance Capital CEO Sam Ghosh mentored him for a bigger role in the Reliance Group.
- On 23 August 2016, Anmol joined the Reliance Capital Board as an additional director after two years of training at the company. Reportedly, a majority of institutional investors, which control about 27 per cent of Reliance Capital shares, voted against the resolution to appoint Anmol to the board. Ndtv
- Upon joining the Reliance Capital Board as a new director, his father considered him extremely lucky for the business as there was a 40 per cent surge in share price since his induction. Business Standard Anil Ambani said,
Anmol has brought tremendous luck as the stock price rose by 40 per cent since his induction in the board and has added to the value creation for our shareholders.”
- Anmol also played a key role in Nippon Life for increasing its stake in Reliance Life Insurance and Reliance Capital Asset Management. He successfully negotiated with the Japanese major, Nippon and convinced them to raise the stake in Reliance Capital’s insurance division, Reliance Nippon Life Insurance.
- In September 2017, he was made the Executive Director of Reliance Capital in the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- In April 2018, he joined the boards of Reliance Nippon and Reliance Home.
- In October 2019, he was appointed as director of Reliance Infra along with his brother Jai Anshul Ambani. However, both the brothers resigned from the board of Reliance Infra within less than a year of joining.
- Anmol got introduced to Khrisha Shah through his family. The couple spent some time together to know each other better before their marriage. They got engaged in December 2021, on Anmol’s 30th birthday, in an intimate ceremony in the presence of close friends and family. India TV Business Today
- Anmol got married to Khrisha on Sunday, 20 February 2022, in a grand wedding ceremony at Ambani’s family home, Sea Wind, at Cuffe Parade.
- In contrast to the engagement ceremony, Khrisha and Anmol Ambani’s wedding ceremony was a star-studded affair. The guests included Amitabh Bachchan and his family, Nationalist Congress Party members Supriya Sule, Rima Jain, Pinky Reddy, etc.