|Actor, Scriptwriter, Director
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Uttar Pradesh, India
|• Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
• Himachal Cultural Research Forum & Theatre Academy Mandi, affiliated with National School of Drama
|• Pursued graduation at Jamia Millia Islamia
• Pursued an acting course for a year at Himachal Cultural Research Forum & Theatre Academy Mandi Bollywoodirect
|Non-vegetarian Jaihind Kumar – Instagram
|Relationships & More
|Father- Name not known
Mother- Name not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaihind Kumar
- Jaihind Kumar is an Indian actor, screenplay writer, and director, who has predominately worked in the Hindi film industry. He was cast in Sirf Ek Bandaa Kaafi Hai, which was released in 2023.
- While pursuing graduation, Jaihind became a member of the Pierrot Troupe, a drama group of the Jamia Millia Islamia founded by Sayeed Alam. Thereafter, he represented the group and took part in numerous plays.
- In an interview, Jaihind said that he was motivated to pursue an acting career by watching Amitabh Bachchan, Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, and Pankaj Kapur’s films.
- Jaihind wanted to pursue an acting course at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi; however, his application got rejected because he was an undergraduate.
- Jaihind relocated to Mumbai from Himachal Pradesh after completing his acting course.
- Thereafter, he auditioned for many films but was rejected every time. However, he managed to bag numerous side roles in several Hindi daily soap operas.
- Unsatisfied with working as a side character in the TV serials, he started writing scripts and presented them to the various production houses in Mumbai; however, he did not succeed and faced rejection as a scriptwriter.
- He bagged the role of a fruit seller in the 2010 film Tum Milo Toh Sahi in which he acted along with famous artists like Nana Patekar, Dimple Kapadia, and Suniel Shetty.
- He landed the role of a man named Sandy in the film Payback, which was released in the same year.
- In 2015, he essayed the role of a father in a short film titled Jaya. Jaihind was nominated in the best actor category at the Madrid International Film Festival.
- He landed a role in Miyan Kal Aana, which was produced by Nawazuddin Siddiqui in 2015.
- He essayed the role of a character named Harnaam in the film Laal Rang, a 2016 black comedy crime drama film that led to his rise to fame. In the film, he acted along with the renowned actor Randeep Hooda. In an interview, Jaihind talked about bagging the role in the film and said,
I was attending a small party at actor friend Manav Kaul’s place and there Siddharth Hussain introduced me to Syed Ahmed Afzal, who had directed Youngistaan. He was sharing the music of Laal Rang with everyone over there and I was really impressed by it. He then suddenly offered me a role in the film. He did not even know that I am an actor. It was the role of a Rickshaw puller. That’s how I got the role in the film.”
- In 2017, he appeared as Rani, a transgender, in the film Baaraat Company.
- He bagged a role in the 2017 film Rukh in which he shared the screen Manoj Bajpayee.
- In 2018, he directed Utpataang, a short film.
- In 2019, he acted along with Hrithik Roshan in the film Super 30 in which he essayed the role of a goon.
- In 2021, he landed a role in the film Shankar’s Fairies; the film was screened at the Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes.
- He bagged a role in a short film titled Zero Kilometer in the same year; the film was screened at the Washington DC South Asian Film Festival.
- In Shiksha Mandal, a 2022 MX Player web series, Jaihind essayed the role of Madho Donald.
- He shared the screen with the renowned Indian actor Jaaved Jaaferi in Escaype Live, a Disney+ Hotstar web series that was released in May 2022.
- In 2023, he wrote the script for Bole Chudiyan, a film with Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Rajpal Yadav in its cast.
- He shared the screen with Manoj Bajpayee in the 2023 film Sirf Ek Bandaa Kaafi Hai, a Zee5 courtroom drama film released on 23 May 2023. The film was earlier named Bandaa and is based on the real-life courtroom law battle between P. C. Solanki, an advocate, and Asaram Bapu after he sexually assaulted a minor girl.
- Rajpal Yadav, a renowned Indian actor, and Jaihind Kumar have known each other since childhood.
- While giving an interview, Jaihind talked about his name and said that his grandfather named him Jaihind as his grandfather was involved in the Indian freedom struggle. He further said,
My grandfather gave this name to me. But the name Jaihind was also sometimes gone against me. In my early days, whenever I called somebody and tell them my name that, “Hello, Jaihind here,” People would also reply back, “Jaihind” and hang up the phone. I had to then tell them that my name was Jaihind. The advantage was that the name is so unique that people remembered it for a long.”
- He is an ardent follower of Mahatma Gandhi’s preachings on non-violence and truthfulness.
- He consumes edibles made from Bhaang, and he shares pictures of himself consuming Bhaang on social media on the occasion of Holi.
- In his leisure time, Jaihind likes to write poetry. He also posts his poetry on his social media handles.
- Jaihind often uploads pictures of himself smoking a cigarette on social media.