|Real Name||Ritu Chaudhary|
|Profession||Actress, Model, VJ|
|Famous For||Her role as "Ganga" in the film Pardes (1997)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Date of Birth||13 September 1973|
|Age (as in 2018)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Darjeeling, West Bengal
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Dow Hill in Kurseong|
|College||Loreto College in Darjeeling|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor's Degree|
|Debut||Film- Pardes (1997)|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
|Ethnicity||Jat Indian, Nepali|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Reading, Cooking|
|Controversies||• In 2015, she made headlines with the news that she had a Swiss Bank account.
• In the 90's every actor dreamt of working with Subhash Ghai. However, working with the veteran director comes at a cost. Reportedly, whenever any actor was signed by Subash Ghai's production house - Mukta Arts - they had to pay 30% of their income if they worked with any other production house. Though Subash Ghai was the one to launch Mahima, it was also he who dragged her to court for violating the above-mentioned contract clause. After the success of Pardes, Mahima had a plethora of offers on the table. Naturally, she began working with other renowned filmmakers, not caring about giving the 30% of her income to Ghai's Mukta Arts.
|Favourite Actress||Juhi Chawla|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Food||Fish Curry|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Leander Paes, Tennis Player
|Husband/Spouse||Bobby Mukherji (Architect)
|Marriage Date||19 March 2006|
|Children||Daughter- Ariana (Born 2007)
|Cars Collection||Audi 8, BMW 5, Honda Civic|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahima Chaudhry
- Does Mahima Chaudhry smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mahima Chaudhry drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She started her Bollywood career at the age of 24 and won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her film Pardes.
- Before she entered Bollywood, she used to appear for TV ads and appeared with Amir Khan and Aishwarya Rai for an ad for Pepsi.
- Her stage was given to her by the renowned Bollywood director Subhash Ghai because he was superstitious that he has been successful with the actresses whose names started with M. Other than Mahima Chaudhary, he has also launched famous and talented actresses like Madhuri Dixit, Meenakshi Seshadri and Manisha Koirala.
- Before she came to Delhi and got an offer for an ad, she had won a local modelling contest in Darjeeling.
- She was chosen out of 3000 auditions for the role of Ganga in Pardes.
- She broke up with Leander Paes because as Mahima explained, the tennis player was having an affair with the Khalnayak’s (Sanjay Dutt) wife Rhea Pillai.
- Her husband Bobby is her brother’s best friend and he divorced his first wife after he met Mahima at the hotelier’s conference in Las Vegas.
- In 1998, she was the Lux Face of the Year.
- She is currently acting in a movie called MumBhai – The Gangsters, which stars Om Puri and Sanjay Kapoor along with her.
- In the late 1990s she was one of the fittest Bollywood actress, but after becoming mother, she had gained a lot of weight. In 2017, she shed around 10 kg to weight.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography