Wife: Kathryn Tabone
Education: Master's Degree In Fine Arts (MFA) In Physical Theater
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manyuu Doshi
- Manyuu Doshi is an actor from India who knows Growtowski’s theatre style and Commedia Dell’Arte. He has acted in several films, TV shows, and web series.
- During his childhood, he struggled with weight issues, which often led to feelings of sadness and being targeted by bullies. Nonetheless, he was able to overcome his depression by the time he reached college.
- After he finished his studies, he started doing shows in theatres all over India, Bali, and Indonesia. He also learned the Growtowski style of theatre while training in Sweden.
- Manyuu received great acclaim from the audience for his play “A Tale of Two Treaties,” which he performed in numerous cities across India. He and his wife hold a unique distinction in India as the only artists who have extensive knowledge of Commedia Dell’Arte, an Italian form of comedy that involves the use of beautiful masks to depict various characters.
- He has showcased his talent in various theatrical productions, including the Marathi drama ‘Char Don Tukde,’ ‘ILA,’ and ‘Lucrece,’ an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s poem, where he shared the stage with Kalki Koechlin.
- He marked his Bollywood debut by playing the character of Sunny in the romantic movie “Love Per Square Foot” released in 2018, in which he co-starred alongside Vicky Kaushal, Alankrita Sahai, and Angira Dhir.
- He portrayed the character of Nanasaheb Peshwa in the 2019 Marathi film “The Warrior Queen of Jhansi” and played the role of Chintan in the 2019 Hindi film “Photograph” alongside Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Sanya Malhotra, Sachin Khedekar, and Jim Sarbh.
- He also appeared in the short films “Mishti Doi” (2020) and “The Broken Table” (2023), where he shared the screen with acclaimed actor Naseeruddin Shah, who played the main role.
- In the web series ‘Dahaad,’ released in 2023 on Amazon Prime Video, he portrayed the character of Shiv Swarnakar. The series also featured Sonakshi Sinha, Vijay Varma, and Gulshan Devaiah in prominent roles. Notably, “Dahaad” became the first Indian series to premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival and received a nomination for the prestigious Berlinale Series Award.
- He has a fondness for animals and is the owner of two pet cats.
- He is a member of the faculty at The National School of Drama, Mumbai, where he teaches acting and character portrayal to the students.
- He also operates his own production company named Kaka Creative Company (KCC), which has produced advertisements for the YouTube channel Pataa.