Education: North Carolina State University, USA
Height: 5' 4"
|Profession(s)||Actor, Singer, Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-32|
|Debut||Hollywood Film (Supporting Actress): The Waiting City (2009)
Konkani Film (Lead Actress): Nachom-ia Kumpasar (2014)
Web-Series: Sense 8 (2015)
|Awards||• National Award for Best Performance (Jury) for ‘Nachom-ia Kumpasar' (2014)
• Washington DC South Asian Film Fest Award for Best Actress for ‘Nachom-ia Kumpasar' (2014)
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Nationality||She was born and brought up in Vadodara. However, she, along with her family, moved to the US. Her nationality is not known.|
|Hometown||West Bengal, India|
|College/University||North Carolina State University, North Carolina, USA|
|Educational Qualification||A Degree in Applied Mathematics|
|Tattoo||A Star on her Left Shoulder
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Samit Datta
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Food||Dal Dhokli|
|Favourite Actors||Sean Penn, Jared Leto|
|Favourite Actress||Hilary Swank|
|Favourite Musicians||A R Rahman, Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Favourite Director||Sujoy Ghosh
|Favourite Filmmaker||Mira Nair|
|Favourite Books||Harry Potter Series|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Palomi Ghosh
- Palomi Ghosh was born and brought up in Vadodara. She traces her roots back to West Bengal. Ghosh, along with her family, moved to the USA. Palomi spent her teens and early years of adulthood in the USA. She obtained a degree in Applied Mathematics from the North Carolina State University, North Carolina, USA. However, she came back to India in 2011.
- As a child, Palomi would often sing old Hindi songs and entertain her mother.
- She took up the theatre when she was in the final year of her college. Before entering the entertainment industry, she was offered a full-time job with a business analytical company. However, she took a break and moved to India. She had not thought of taking up acting as a career option. When she came to India, she joined Anupam Kher’s acting school “Actor Prepares.”
- After completing her acting course, she started auditioning for television commercials. Palomi has appeared in the commercials for Tanishq, Muthoot Finance, Stayfree, Idea, SBI Life Insurance, etc.
- Palomi Ghosh made her debut as an actor in 2009 with the Hollywood film “The Waiting City,” also starring Radha Mitchell and Joel Edgerton.
- Ghosh was critically acclaimed for her performance in the Konkani film “Nachom-ia Kumpasar.” The actress also won the National Award for Best Performance (Jury) for her role in the movie. Palomi also became a playback singer for this film.
- In 2014, she acted in the movie “Gandhi Of The Month” which was directed by Kranti Kanade.
- Palomi Ghosh also acted in another critically acclaimed movie “Mukti Bhawan” (“Hotel Salvation”) which released in 2016.
- Ghosh worked in the 2016 National Award-winning Konkani film “K Sera Sera – Ghodpachem Ghoddtelem.”
- In 2019, she portrayed the role of ‘Jenny’ in Netflix’s web-series “Typewriter.”
- In May 2017, Ghosh worked in Mira Nair‘s musical play “Monsoon Wedding” which was staged at Berkeley Repertory Theatre, California. She played multiple roles in the play; one of which was that of an 86-year-old grandmother.
- In 2018, Ghosh starred in Netflix’s web-series “Sense 8.” Also, she has worked in director Prashant Nair’s film “Tryst With Destiny.”
- Besides being an actor, Ghosh is also a singer. She did playback singing for the Bollywood movie “Helicopter Eela” which starred Kajol. Interestingly, when Kajol heard Palomi’s voice, she said, “You sound just like me.”
- Palomi Ghosh acted in ALT Balaji’s web-series “M.O.M- Mission Over Mars” in 2019.
- She has also worked in the Bollywood film “Satellite Shankar” which starred Sooraj Pancholi and Megha Akash, and released in September 2019. The movie is directed by Irfan Kamal.
- She has also worked in the Bollywood movie titled “Kadak.”
- Although she is a Bengali, she can speak in Gujarati, Marathi, Hindi, and Konkani fluently.