|Real Name||Simrita Garewal|
|Profession||Actress, Filmmaker, Chat show Hostess|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||17 October 1947|
|Age (as in 2018)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||London, United Kingdom|
|School||Newland House School, England|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Film: Tarzan Goes to India (1962)
Directorial: Living Legend Raj Kapoor (1985, TV documentary)
TV: Rendezvous with Simi Garewal (1997)
|Family||Father- J.S. Garewal (Brigadier)
Mother- Darshi Garewal
Sister- Amrita Garewal (Older)
|Address||Paviova, 6th Floor Little Gibbs Road, Malabar Hill, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• In 1972, she played the role of a courtesan in the film 'Siddhartha' starring Shashi Kapoor. Due to her semi-nude avatar and intimate scenes, it created controversy, and the Censor Board cleared the film with cuts. She even sued a magazine for publishing her topless photos in the film.
• In 2011, Rani Mukherji made an appearance on Simi's show 'India’s Most Desirable', but lost her temper when she was persistently provoked to talk about her relationship with Aditya Chopra.
|Favourite Food||Thai, Italian, and French cuisine|
|Favourite Wine||Blue Nun|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actresses||Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai|
|Favourite TV Show||Suits|
|Favourite Singers/Bands||Kishore Kumar, A.R. Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Metallica|
|Favourite Chef||Vicky Ratnani|
|Favourite Fashion Brand||Shahab, Armani, Anamika, Nike, Reebok|
|Favourite Destination||Las Vegas|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shatrushalyasinhji Digvijaysinhji (Maharaja of Jamnagar)
Nawab Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Cricketer)
Salman Taseer (Pakistani businessman)
Ravi Mohan (Businessman)
|Husband/Spouse||Ravi Mohan (Businessman, Ex-husband)
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Benz E200|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Simi Garewal
- Does Simi Garewal smoke?: No
- Does Simi Garewal drink alcohol?: No
- Simi was born into a Sikh Jat family in Punjab but raised in London.
- She was always fascinated towards the glamour world and used to roam around the Twickenham Studios in England. She soon realized that it was difficult to get a change in the British film industry, so she decided to try her luck in Bollywood.
- At the age of 15, Simi came to Mumbai along with her mother and sister.
- Her initial period in Mumbai was not easy as due to her western accent and appearance, she wasn’t able to get roles in Bollywood films. Sooner, she realized that she had to change completely to get any opportunity in Bollywood.
- In 1962, she got her first break with the adventure film ‘Tarzan Goes to India’, where she was paired opposite Feroz Khan. The only reason she got this film was her good command of English.
- Her big break came in 1970 with Raj Kapoor’s ‘Mera Naam Joker’, where she played the role of a glamorous teacher, Miss Mary. Her bold avatar in the film was quite rare those times which got her a lot of attention but compelled the Censor Board to release the film with cuts.
- Despite doing a lot of bold films in the 1970s, she wasn’t able to get the tag of being a ‘sex symbol’ in Bollywood, largely due to her offbeat films.
- Though she married her long-time boyfriend Ravi Mohan, a businessman from the aristocratic family of Chunnamals of Delhi, it only lasted for 18 months, mainly because of a long-distance marriage. The couple initially started living apart but got divorced after a decade.
- After a memorable role in Subhash Ghai’s ‘Karz’ (1980), she shifted her focus towards documentary filmmaking and TV hosting.
- Her 2 documentaries on Raj Kapoor and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, gave her a lot of praise.
- Her persona for ideal for hosting TV shows and she achieved success with shows like – It’s a Woman’s World (1983), Rendezvous with Simi Grewal (1999).
- Though she didn’t have any child, she once wanted to adopt a girl called Vijaya, from an orphanage. As per adoption laws, she had to publish Vijaya’s photo in the newspaper, and within a span of 3 months, if no one claimed the child, she could get her. Everything went well for 2 months, but just when she was about to get her custody, the parents showed up.
- She considers filmmaker Raj Kapoor as her mentor.
- She is an avid animal lover.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)