Age: 47 Years
Father: Rakesh Roshan
Relationship Status: Divorced
|Profession||Film Producer, Blogger|
|Famous For||Being the sister of Hrithik Roshan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||As a Film Producer: Krazzy 4 (2008)|
|Date of Birth||Year 1972|
|Age (as in 2019)||47 Years|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Le Villa Pierreseu, Montreaux, Switzerland|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Writing, Reading Books, Partying|
|Controversy||In June 2019, Sunaina claimed that her family was making her life unbearable just because she was in love with a Muslim man named Ruhail Amin. She also said that she was seeking help from Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli Chandel for the same. She went on to say that in 2018, she fell in love with a journalist named Ruhail Amin and when she told about him to her parents, her father, Rakesh Roshan, slapped her and didn't accept her relationship with a Muslim man. When asked about Hrithik Roshan's stand on the issue, Sunaina said that even Hrithik hadn't come forward to help her. Sunaina said- "Hrithik had promised me that he would get me a house of my own, wherever that I wanted in Mumbai, but he has not done that. When I found a rented apartment for myself in Lokhandwala, he said it's too expensive for me. Is 2.5 lakhs rent too expensive for him? I don't think so. He didn't stick to his words. Everybody is harassing me today."
|Tattoo(s)||• A Floral Tattoo on her right bone-collar
• A Tattoo on her right hand
• A Tattoo on her left wrist
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ashish Soni (Fashion Designer)
• Nick Uday Singh (ex-fiancé; engaged- 2005)
• Mohan Nagar (US-based Businessmen)
• Rajeev Paul (Television Actor; Rumoured)
• Bharat Kapoor (Rumoured)
• Ruhail Amin (Journalist; 2018-present)
|Marriage Date||• Year 1992 (with Ashish Soni)
• Year 2010 (with Mohan Nagar)
|Husband/Spouse||• Ashish Soni (Fashion Designer; m.1992- div.2000)
• Mohan Nagar (US-based Businessman; divorced)
|Children||Daughter- Suranika Soni
|Parents||Father- Rakesh Roshan
Mother- Pinky Roshan
|Siblings||Brother- Hrithik Roshan
|Favourite Food||North Indian food|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Colours||Blue, White|
|Favourite Travel Destination||London|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunaina Roshan
- Does Sunaina Roshan smoke?: Yes
- Does Sunaina Roshan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sunaina Roshan was born to Rakesh Roshan and Pinky Roshan in Mumbai.
- Unlike Hrithik, Sunaina was not so good at studies.
- Sunaina met Ashish Soni in Switzerland and the duo fell in love with each other. They tied the knot after dating for a few months.
- She has a daughter, Suranika Soni, who moved with her after Roshan’s divorce with Ashish.
- In 2005, she got engaged to Nick Uday Singh, but she called off the engagement when she got to know that Nick had an affair with his brother’s wife.
- Sunaina also got secretly married to Mohan Nagar, a US-based businessman, but their relationship didn’t last long.
- Sunaina was very close to Ekta Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Shrishti Behl, Goldie Behl, Shweta Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, Zoya Akhtar, and Farhan Akhtar in her school days.
- Post her divorce with Ashish Soni, Roshan suffered severe depression and gained a lot of weight.
- She is a dog lover.
- She was speculated to be dating Bharat Kumar after she put up her profile picture with Bharat Kumar on her Facebook profile and immediately changed her relationship status to “in a relationship.”
- In 2018, when she suffered from a serious kidney infection, Sunaina started her blog “Zindagi” where she shares details about her personal life and her family. She has even written blogs on her depression phase and TBM (Tuberculosis Meningitis) phase.
- Sunaina has also penned down the biography of her father, Rakesh Roshan, titled “To Dad With Love.”
- She told in an interview that her parents were very strict and she was not allowed to talk with the boys when she was growing up. Sunaina even mentioned that Hrithik used to accompany her to almost all the places, even to the Discos when she was in her teenage.
- In 2017, Sunaina made the headlines when Hrithik shared her before and after images while captioning it- “Now that’s what I call a transformation! So so proud of you didi (elder sister) Sunaina Roshan. Keep going, impossible is nothing.”
- She lost around 75 kilos when she went under a bariatric surgery by Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala. She earlier weighted 140 kilos, which went down to 65 kilos after the treatment.
- In 2019, a report published in Times of India revealed that Roshan was suffering from a bipolar disorder and was under medical observation but Roshan refuted the news saying that she is fine and partying with friends.
- In 2019, she moved to a rented hotel for half a month to stay away from her family. She told the media that even when she stayed with her parents, she had a separate floor in the same building.
- In an interview, Sunaina revealed that her parents were very overprotective and residing with them made her feel claustrophobic, so, she wanted to live away from them.
- Here’s an interesting video about Sunaina Roshan’s biography: