|Real Name||Yuzvendra Singh Chahal
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Spin Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 36 Inches
- Waist: 28 inches
- Biceps: 10 Inches
|International Debut||Test- N/A
ODI- 11 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
T20- 18 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#3 (India)
#3 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Haryana, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Records (main ones)||• Highest wicket taker for Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2015.
• Records 3rd best figures in T20 Internationals with 6/25 in 4 overs, against England, Bengaluru in 2017.
• 1st Indian bowler to record a 5-wicket haul in T20 Internationals.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2013 Champions League T20.|
|Date of Birth||23 July 1990|
|Age (as in 2018)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Jind, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Jind, Haryana, India|
|School||DAV Public School, Jind|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- K K Chahal (Advocate)
Mother- Sunita Devi
Sisters- 2 (Both elders)
|Hobbies||Playing chess, Travelling|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Kevin Pietersen
Bowler: Shane Warne
|Favourite Cricket Ground||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru|
|Favourite Chess Players||Viswanathan Anand, Abhijeet Gupta|
|Favourite Footballer||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Favourite Football Team||Real Madrid C.F.|
|Favourite Food||Butter Chicken, Rajma-Chawal|
|Favourite Destination||Maldives, Greece, Paris|
|Favourite Actors||Akshay Kumar, Randeep Hooda|
|Favourite Actress||Katrina Kaif|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Tanishka Kapoor (Actress, Rumour)
|Salary (as in 2017)||Retainer: INR 50 lakh
Test: INR 15 lakh
ODI: INR 6 lakh
T20: INR 3 lakh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yuzvendra Chahal
- Does Yuzvendra Chahal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Yuzvendra Chahal drink alcohol?: Yes
- Chahal developed a great interest in both chess and cricket at the age of 7.
- Due to his thin physique, his friends used to call him “single haddi (bone).”
- He performed exceptionally well in his age-group chess tournaments; was the India national junior champion (U-12) in chess, and represented India in the World Cup in 2003 in Greece, with an overall career rating of 1946.
- Though he wanted to pursue his career in chess, he quit playing it professionally for it being an expensive sport, and he was finding it difficult to get sponsors. Due to it, he got more inclined to cricket.
- He started playing cricket as a medium-fast bowler but later on, he became a leg spinner.
- According to him, playing chess helps him to become more patient, controls his temper and makes him able to read batsman’s mind.
- He considers Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne as his idol.
- He made his first-class debut in November 2009 against Madhya Pradesh in Indore.
- He represented the Mumbai Indian in the initial 3-years of his IPL career, but played only one match for them, and in 2014 he was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore, that boosted his cricketing career.
- Mitchell Starc is his best friend in Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) team’s squad.
- His biggest stressbusters are – Netflix and his phone.
- In November 2017, when the New Zealand cricket team toured India, Chahal and New Zealand spinner Ish Sodhi played a chess game on the flight as the Indian cricket team and New Zealand cricket team travelled to Thiruvananthapuram for a T20 International match.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)