|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||Film: Ek Chhoti si Love Story (2002) as 'Aditya'
Web Series: Fittrat (2019) as 'Veer Shergill'
|Date of Birth||22 March 1988 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|School||• Chatrabhuj Narseee Memorial School, VileParle West, Mumbai
• Hiranandani Foundation School, Thane, Maharashtra
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's in Mass Media CineSpeaks|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram- Aditya Seal|
|Hobbies||Watching WWE, Dancing, Playing Cricket|
|Tattoo||• Left forearm: Faith
|Controversy||Aditya Seal landed into the controversy after the release of his debut film "Ek Chhoti si Love Story." The film featured Aditya in the role of a teenage boy who fell in love with a middle age women, and showcased some adult content which are virtually unseen in Bollywood. IndiaToday|
|Relationships & More|
|Girlfriend||Anushka Ranjan (Actress)
|Marriage Date||21 November 2021
|Wife/Spouse||Anushka Ranjan (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Ravi Seal (Actor and Film producer)
Mother- Manju Seal (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister- Konica Seal Shrivastav
|Actor(s)||Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress(s)||Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone|
|Director(s)||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Rajkumar Hirani, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aditya Seal
- Aditya Seal is an Indian actor and model. He is well known for his films Tum Bin II and Student of the Year 2.
- Aditya Seal was born in a well-established family in Mumbai, India. His father was a producer of Garhwali films, which also opened a pathway for Aditya to pursue a career in film production. After completing his formal education, Aditya also joined the family business but was not satisfied with the work he did. During the interview he said,
My father has produced and acted in a Garhwali film, so in a way, he opened the doors of this profession for me. He tried to induct me into our family business, but it didn’t interest me. But I was unproductive. but I was unproductive. I’d just watch videos on my laptop, chat with my uncles and leave. I wanted to be in a profession that gave me an adrenalin rush. Also, my father never forced me to join the business. He wanted me to pursue whatever made me happy. My mother was a bit insecure then, but is supportive now.”
- Aditya Seal aspired to be a cricketer in his childhood but due to a knee injury, he had to drop that plan and later he pursued a career in acting.
- Aditya Seal made his acting debut in the year 2002 with Shashilal K. Nair directed romantic film “Ek Chhotisi Love Story.” Aditya played the character of a teenage boy who fell in love with a middle-aged lady, played by Manisha Koirala, who lived in her neighbourhood. The film was under a lot of controversies because of the adult content shown in the film. Reportedly, most of the erotic and sensational scenes in “Ek Chhotisi Love Story (2002)” were done by Aditya’s body double. Aditya in one of his interviews revealed that he faced a lot of backlash after the release of “Ek Chhotisi Love Story.” He also mentioned veteran actor Anil Kapoor also looked at him in a bad way when he met him. He narrated,
I once met Anil Kapoor and shyly told him that I’m a huge fan. Since he has worked with Manishaji, I thought I should tell him that I have also done a film with her. When I told him about ‘Ek Chhotisi Love Story,’ he said, ‘You’re that guy!’, in his usual excited tone.”
- Post the “Ek Chhotisi Love Story,” Aditya struggled very hard to get any further work in Bollywood. Later in 2006, he made a cameo role in Jaidev Chakraborty’s comedy-drama film “We R Friends.” He got his second major film “Purani Jeans” in 2014, where he played the lead character named Samuel Joseph Lawrence aka Sam. The film features the story of a young boy who returns to his hometown and reconnects with his old friends. Along with Aditya Seal, the film also featured Tanuj Virwani, Izabelle Leite, Param Baidwaan, Raghav Raj Kakker, and Kashyap Kapoor in the lead roles. Although Aditya had a great performance but the film did not work at the box office. He tasted the flavours of failures at such an early age of his career. According to Aditya, he also suffered depression for some time before getting another work in the industry. He said
Though ‘Purani Jeans’ didn’t do well, I was praised for my work and I expected good offers to come my way. But when that didn’t happen, it pulled me down for a while. There were times when I needed friends to cheer me up. My mother suggested that I join the family business, but that didn’t help. On some days, I would just sit in my room, watch movies and ponder about what had gone wrong. Eventually, I spoke to my well-wishers and we decided to start from scratch. The plan was to look for the kind of roles played by Aditya Roy Kapur ‘ pivotal characters, though not the lead. I was deeply hurt when I couldn’t even find those.”
- In 2016, Aditya Seal became part of “Tum Bin 2,” a romantic drama film written and directed by Anubhav Sinha. He played the role of Shekhar Malhotra opposite Neha Sharma and gained huge appreciation for his performance.
- Aditya Seal got the breakthrough of his career in 2019 after he played Manav Randhawa in “Student of the Year 2,” a teen romantic comedy-drama film written by Arshad Sayed. The Punit Malhotra directed film featuring Tiger Shroff, Tara Sutaria, and Ananya Panday, along with Aditya Seal. Aditya received huge critical acclaim for his performance in the film and thereafter also earned opportunities to work with various other renowned filmmakers. According to Aditya, he shares a great bond with the Tiger Shroff, Tara Sutaria, and Ananya Panday, and a lot working with them. He said,
I think, on purpose, what they’ve also tried to do is keep a very young crew. The average age must be 26-27 (years). It’s just the vibe that these girls created, you go back to the times you were in college. We have forgotten that, but they take you back to college. You play off them because they are actually playing their own age, so it’s nice to have that. It makes it easier for me, as a character, to be like, you gotta play it like this, play the way she is playing it.”
- Next in 2019, Aditya featured in Ekta Kapoor’s romantic drama web series “Fittrat” opposite Krystle D’Souza and Anushka Ranjan.
- Aditya is a world Taekwondo champion. He has also learned breakdancing and martial arts in South Korea.
- Aditya Seal was ranked in The Times Most Desirable Men at No. 34 position in 2019 and at No. 35 position
- Aditya Seal and Tiger Shroff are good friends and both have learned martial arts together.
- Apart from acting in films, he has also done many popular TV commercials including ‘Pond’s (perfume powder)’ and ‘Garnier Men’ advertisements and walked the runway for various renowned designers.