|Other name||Divya Sain Instagram|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Coach/Mentor||• Vikram Kumar Sonkar
• Prem Nath
|Medals||• Silver medal in Asian Wrestling Championship 2017 (New Delhi)
• Gold medal in All India University Championship 2017 (India)
• Gold medal in Senior National Championship 2017 (India)
• Gold medal in Commonwealth Wrestling Championship 2017 (Johannesburg, South Africa)
• Bronze medal in Asian Games 2018 (Jakarta, Palembang)
• Bronze medal in the commonwealth games 2018
• Bronze medal in Asian Championships 2019 (Xi'an, China)
• Gold medal in Asian Championships 2020 (New Delhi)
• Gold medal in Asian Championships 2021 (Almaty)
• Bronze medal at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games
|Awards||• Muzaffarnagar Ratna Samman in 2018
• Rani Laxmi Bai Award in 2019
• Arjuna Award in 2020
|Date of Birth||• Source 1: 8 October 1998 (Thursday) Divya Kakran's Twitter
• Source 2: 2 July 1998 (Thursday) Divya Kakran's Blog
|Age (as of 2022)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Purbaliyan, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign||• Source 1: Libra
• Source 2: Cancer
|Hometown||Purbaliyan, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya, Delhi|
|College/University||• Noida College of Physical Education Jagran
• Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut Divya Kakran's Blog
|Educational Qualification||Physical Education and Sports Sciences (BPES)|
|Controversies||• In 2018, Divya asked financial help from the Delhi government; however, she could not get any. Later, during an event of honouring the athletes who won medals at the Asian Games by the Delhi government, Divya criticised Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. The Times of India
• On 11 August 2022, the Delhi government refused to honour Commonwealth Games 2022 winner Divya Kakran with cash reward. Reportedly, the Delhi government refused to honor her as she represented Uttar Pradesh and not Delhi. According to Divya, she moved to Uttar Pradesh after the Delhi government didn't provide any help to her. Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Saurabh Bhardwaj said, "She lives in Delhi, but only represented the national capital till 2016-17. CM Kejriwal called her respectfully in 2018. We have always respected her, but we cannot give her cash reward because she represented UP" to which Divya replied, "For the last 22 years, I am putting up in Golakpur. My father somehow managed to provide me training for wrestling here. I earned money by competing with boys but the Delhi government did not provide any kind of assistance to me. My family was suffering a lot due to bad financial condition, so I went to UP. Earlier, I had won many medals for Delhi." Mint
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sachin Pratap (fitness model)
|Engagement Date||25 January 2022|
|Fiance||Sachin Pratap (fitness model)
|Parents||Father- Surajvir Sain (Langot seller)
Mother- Sanyogita Sain (stitches Langots - the cotton loin-cloth that all Indian wrestlers wear)
|Grandparents|| Grand Father- Rajinder Singh
Grand Mother- Premwati
|Siblings||Brother- Dev Sain, Deepak Sain
|Food||Sarso ka Saag|
|Film||Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013)|
|Actor(s)||Govinda, Sunny Deol|
|Car Collection||• Maruti Suzuki Baleno
• Maruti Celerio VXi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divya Kakran
- Divya Kakran is an Indian freestyle wrestler. She has won more than 70 medals in various wrestling competitions including 17 gold that she won at Delhi State Championship. She has also been bestowed with the title of ‘Bharat Kesari’ eight times.
- She grew up in New Delhi, India.
- In 1990, her father, Surajvir Sain, came to Delhi to become a successful wrestler; however, he could not get the desired success and returned to his native village, where he started selling milk, but this business also failed. Later, he moved to Delhi again, where his wife started sewing ‘Langot,’ an undergarment that is usually worn by male wrestlers in India. Surajvir started selling these Langots in Dangals (wrestling matches), and he used to bring his son, Dev Sain, and daughter, Divya Kakran to these wrestling matches, where Divya would observe different moves of wrestlers along with her brother and practice them back at home.
- Her father wanted his son to become a wrestler, and Divya would often watch her brother during various wrestling matches. According to Divya, she started practicing wrestling at the age of eight, and her talent was noticed for the first time when she defeated a boy in a wrestling match in 2010.
- In an interview, Divya talked about the poor financial condition of her family and recalled how she would compete in wrestling matches after consuming a packet of Glucose that would cost her Rs. 15.
- According to Divya, the credit for all her success goes to her brother. She says,
He left his education, his wrestling career, and everything for me. I have sometimes to attend wrestling camps in Lucknow which last for two-three months. I get accommodation in hostels for the camp, but my brother stays in hotel rooms to accompany me.”
- In 2011, at the age of 13, she won a Bronze at the Gramin Games held in Haryana. In the same year, she won Silver medals at Rajiv Gold Cup and National Games Competition.
- In 2012, at the age of 14, she won a Gold at the Rajasthan Kesari competition held in Bharatpur, Rajasthan.
- In 2013, she won her first international medal at the Asian Championship held in Mongolia; she won a Silver.
- In the same year, she grabbed the fifth position at the World Championship held in Serbia. Reportedly, in the finals, her opponent inappropriately punched her following which she received a ban for two years from wrestling competitions.
- In 2019, she joined the Indian Railways as a Senior Ticket Examiner.
- In 2020 and 2021, she became the first Indian woman to win two gold medals at the Asian Championships consecutively. Earlier, Indian wrestler Sarita Mor had won a gold medal in the 59 kg category.
- In 2018, she won the title of Bharat Kesari at a wrestling event held in Bhiwani, Haryana; she defeated Ritu Malik in the finals. In the same competition, she defeated Geeta Phogat. Divya Kakran has earned the title of Bharat Kesari 8 times.
- According to Divya, during the initial phase of her wrestling career, she had to sell the jewelry of her mother to bear the expenses of Rs. 1 lakh at a National Games; however, later she recovered that jewelry after winning multiple wrestling matches.
- According to Divya, she practices almost two thousand sit-ups daily.
- Many prominent personalities including Prime Minister Narendra Modi often praise Divya for her accomplishments.