Husband: Himanshu Sharma
Age: 39 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanika Dhillon
- She was born in Amritsar, Punjab.
- After completing her studies, she moved to Mumbai and started working as a script supervisor with Red Chillies Entertainment; a production company of Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2008, she worked as an assistant director for the movie “Om Shanti Om;” the film starred Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Kirron Kher, and others.
- In 2009, she worked as a script supervisor for “Billu Barber,” which was renamed as “Billu.” The film was also produced under the banner of Red Chillies Entertainment.
- In the same year, she wrote for a TV series “Ghar Ki Baat Hai;” a sitcom on NDTV Imagine.
- Then, she wrote for another show Ishaan: Sapno Ko Awaaz De (2010-2011), which was aired on Disney India.
- She launched her first novel ‘Bombay Duck is a Fish’ along with Shah Rukh Khan in 2011. This novel is based on a young girl ‘Neki Brar’ who was looking to make her career in the Hindi Film Industry.
- In the same year, she worked as a screenwriter for “Ra One.” The movie was directed by Anubhav Sinha and starred Shah Rukh Khan, Arjun Rampal, and Kareena Kapoor.
- After Ra One, she wanted to write a superhero book aimed at youth. After getting inspiration from the 2012 Doomsday theories, she launched another book, “Shiva & The Rise of The Shadows” in 2013.
- In 2015, she wrote the script for “Size Zero” (a Tamil-Telugu bilingual comedy movie). The film starred Anushka Shetty. She had actually written the script for a Hindi film, but her husband Prakash Kovelamudi liked it so much that he decided to direct it himself.
- In 2016, she released her third novel, “The Dance of Durga.” The book is based on a naive young lady ‘Rajjo,’ who turns into a God-woman.
- In 2018, she wrote scripts for three other Hindi movies including Manmarziyaan (starring Abhishek Bachchan, Vicky Kaushal, and Taapsee Pannu), Mental Hai Kya (starring Rajkummar Rao and Kangana Ranaut), and Kedarnath (starring Sara Ali Khan and Sushant Singh Rajput).