Marital Status: Unmarried
Father: Martino Custodio Fernandes
|Full name||Ken Fernandes Facebook – Ken Ferns|
|Nickname||Kenu Instagram – Ken Ferns|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Awards||• 2014: Asian Top Fashion Designer of the Year by Fashion Asia, China
• 2015: International Award for the top 5 designers in Asia by Fashion Asia Awards
• 2019: Indian Television Academy Award for the Best Costume Designer for the TV show Nach Baliye season 9
|Date of Birth||8 October|
|School||St. Thomas Academy, Mumbai|
|College/University||• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
• CEPZ Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
• St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
• Wigan & Leigh College (now WLC College)
• L. S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A fashion design course at National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
• A fashion design course at CEPZ Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
• A course in arts at St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
• A fashion design course at Wigan & Leigh College (now WLC College), Mumbai
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Facebook – Ken Ferns|
|Tattoo(s)||• On his right arm: A paw and the word ‘Vincere’
• On his shoulders: Stars
• On his chest: Big wings tattoo
• He has a tattoo inked on his right bicep.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Martino Custodio Fernandes (deceased)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has an elder brother.
|International Fashion Designers||Hubert de Givenchy, D&G, Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier, Issey Miyake|
|Indian Fashion Designers||Manish Arora, Ashish Soni, Rohit Bal, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Sabyasachi Chakrabarty, Wendell Rodricks|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ken Ferns
- Ken Ferns is an Indian fashion designer. He has been working as a fashion stylist in various reality TV shows like ‘Bigg Boss,’ ‘Nach Baliye,’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ for a very long time.
- In an interview, he shared that while he was in school, his favourite subject was drawing. In childhood, he used to borrow his cousin sister’s dolls and design costumes for the dolls.
- Before making his career as a fashion designer, he worked as a sales boy and sold vegetable slicers at various exhibition centres and shops. Later, he worked as a dancer and choreographer at various events.
- When he was 21 years old, he started his career as a lecturer at SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. Later, he joined the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai as a lecturer. Ken has also worked as a guest faculty at various fashion institutes in India.
- He then got an opportunity to work as a costume designer at BBC Worldwide.
- At the India Resort Fashion Week in Goa (2021), he launched his clothing line for the first time.
- In 2012, he started working as a costume designer for various Indian reality TV shows like ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ (aired on Colors) and ‘Nach Baliye’ (aired on Star Plus).
- In 2013, he was offered a job as a wardrobe stylist for the contestants of the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss.’ Since then he has been working as a stylist in Bigg Boss.
- Ken has showcased his clothing line in various seasons of fashion shows like Lakmé Fashion Week in India, Luxury Style Week in Bangalore, India Runway Week in Delhi, and North Eastern Fashion Week in Guwahati.
- He has also worked as a fashion stylist for various Indian celebrities such as Ayushmann Khurrana, Terence Lewis, Tamannaah Bhatia, Arjun Kapoor, and Gauhar Khan.
- Ken has worked as a costume and wardrobe designer at the Bollywood Theme Park, Dubai.
- He has also worked for the Amazon Prime Video’s show ‘The Remix’ (2019) as a wardrobe stylist.
- Later, he worked with “Ubisoft” a video gaming company in Paris for the video game Just Dance.
- For the TV channel Romedy Now, he created a clothing line ‘Love Laugh Live.’
- He once collaborated with the landmark group Splash Fashion and launched the clothing line named ‘Ken Ferns For Splash.’
- Ken has also worked as a fashion stylist in various Hindi films like ‘Rok Sako To Rok Lo’ (2004) and ‘Yeh Mera India’ (2008).
- Apart from films, he has designed costumes for a few Hindi music videos such as “Birthday Pawri” (2021) by Meet Bros. and “Buhe Bariyan” (2022) by Kanika Kapoor.
- For a few years, he has been associated with Vogatti School of Modeling, a modelling agency in Mumbai as a fashion designer.
- He can speak a few languages like Hindi, English, and Spanish.
- He is a dog lover and has two pet dogs named Orko and Zoe.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, he organised various digital internship programs in fashion design.
- Ken Ferns owns an SUV Creta car.
- He loves travelling and doing adventure sports in his leisure time.
- He was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks, Delhi in 2018.
- In 2023, Ken appeared as a guest celebrity in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss.’
- In an interview, he shared that he was one of the best friends of the Indian actor Sidharth Shukla.