Amitabh Bhattacharya Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 45 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: West Bengal
|Profession(s)||Lyricist, Playback Singer, Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film (Playback Singer): Songs, "Ek Lau" and "Ha Raham" from the film, Aamir (2008)
Film (Lyricist): Aamir (2008)
Film (Producer): The Film (2005)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award for ‘Best Lyrics’ for the song, “Agar Zindagi” from the film, ‘I Am’ (2012)
• Filmfare Award for ‘Best Lyricist’ for the song, “Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin” from the film, ‘Agneepath’ (2012)
• GiMA Award for ‘Lyricist of the Year’ for the song, “Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin” from the film, ‘Agneepath’ (2012)
• IIFA Award for ‘Best Lyricist’ for the song, “Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin” from the film, ‘Agneepath’ (2013)
• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Album of the Year’ for the film, ‘Agneepath’ (2013)
• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Album of the Year’ for the film, ‘2 States’ (2015)
• RMIM Puruskaar Award for ‘Lyricist of the Year’ for the films, “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,” “Dangal,” and “Teen” (2016)
• Screen Award for ‘Best Lyricist’ for the song, “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” from the film, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2016)
• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Critics’ Choice Lyricist of the Year’ for the song, “Channa Mereya” from the film, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2017)
• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Critics’ Choice Song of the Year’ for the song, “Channa Mereya” from the film, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2017)
• Filmfare Award for ‘Best Lyricist’ for the song, “Channa Mereya” from the film, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2017)
• IIFA Award for ‘Best Lyricist’ for the song, “Channa Mereya” from the film, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2017)
• Filmfare Award for ‘Best Lyricist’ for the song, “Ullu Ka Patha” from the film, ‘Jagga Jasoos’ (2018)
• Mirchi Music Award for ‘Listeners’ Choice Album of the Year’ for the film, “Jagga Jasoos” (2018)
• Filmfare Award for Best Lyrics for the song "Kesariya" from the film Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva in 2023
|Date of Birth||16 November 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Malad, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||West Bengal, India|
|School||Spring Dale College, Lucknow|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Retired. Civil Servant)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Amitabh has one younger sister.|
|Lyricist(s)/Poet(s)||Shailendra, Anand Bakshi, Gulzar, Sahir Ludhianvi, Sameer, Majrooh Sultanpuri|
|Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Mohit Chauhan, Arijit Singh|
|Music Director(s)||Pritam Chakraborty, Amit Trivedi, A. R. Rahman, Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Amitabh Bhattacharya is an Indian lyricist, playback singer, and a film producer who rose to fame by writing the lyrics of the song, ‘Emotional Atyachar’ for the Bollywood film, “Dev.D.”
- He was born in a middle-class Bengali family in Malad, Mumbai.
- Bhattacharya grew up in Lucknow.
- He developed an interest in music at a very young age and always desired to become a singer.
- During his college days, he started singing for orchestras.
- In 1999, Bhattacharya moved to Mumbai to become a playback singer.
- During his initial days in Mumbai, Bhattacharya used to stand in long queues in front of music composers’ offices to give them demo audio cassettes of his voice. However, he didn’t receive any work for many days.
- It was music composer & director, Pritam Chakraborty who asked Bhattacharya to work as his assistant. He assisted Pritam for around two years.
- In his struggling days, Amitabh used to write jingles for advertisements. He even learnt the art of song-writing during this period.
- In 2014, Bhattacharya’s friend, Amartya Rahut introduced him to music composer, Amit Trivedi.
- Amit often took Amitabh as a dummy singer to give presentations of his music to filmmakers.
- Trivedi often urged Bhattacharya to write rough lyrics for his tunes. Slowly, Amitabh started enjoying giving words to the tunes.
- In 2008, he made his debut as a lyricist and singer with the songs “Ek Lau” and “Ha Raham” from the film, ‘Aamir.’
- Once, Amit Trivedi was working upon the music of the film, “Dev.D,” and he insisted Bhattacharya to write rough lyrics to his tunes. When Bhattacharya wrote the lyrics, the filmmaker, Anurag Kashyap liked the lyrics of the songs so much that he decided to keep the songs as it is in the film. The songs were a huge hit and earned Amitabh recognition.
- Bhattacharya has worked as a lyricist in many Bollywood films, including “Housefull,” “No One Killed Jessica,” “Delhi Belly,” “Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl,” “Agneepath,” and “Lootera.”
- Bhattacharya has penned a number of chartbusters such as ‘Emotional Atyachaar’ from “Dev. D,” ‘Chikani Chameli’ from “Agneepath,” ‘Kabira’ from “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani,” ‘Gerua’ from “Dilwale,” ‘Channa Mereya’ from “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,” and ‘Haanikaarak Bapu’ from “Dangal.”
- He has made stage performances in many national and international concerts.
- At the beginning of his career, Bhattacharya used to write songs under his pen name, Indraneel.
- During an interview, Bhattacharya shared that he preferred writing lyrics to tunes. He also said that his brain worked 10 times faster that way.
- Bhattacharya is a close friend of the popular singer and music director, Amit Trivedi.
- Amit has worked with many popular music composers, like Pritam Chakraborty, Amit Trivedi, Salim-Sulaiman, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Vishal-Shekhar, Ajay-Atul, and A.R. Rahman.
- In his career as a lyricist, Amitabh has won maximum number of awards, i.e., 9, for the song, “Channa Mereya” (Until 2020).
- The critics often describe his songs as ‘frillfree’ and ‘smartly worded.’
- The fastest written song by Amitabh Bhattacharya is Emotional Atyachaar from the film- Dev.D.
- His great-grandfather was a Jailor during the British Rule in India.