|Real Name||Amitabh Bhattacharya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year 1978|
|Age (as in 2017)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Playback Singer: Songs- Ek Lau and Ha Raham; Film- Aamir (2008)
Lyricist: Film- Aamir (2008)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (Retired Government Employee)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Listening to Music|
|Favourite Lyricist(s)/Poet(s)||Shailendra, Anand Bakshi, Gulzar, Sahir Ludhianvi, Sameer, Majrooh Sultanpuri|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Mohit Chauhan, Arijit Singh|
|Favourite Music Director(s)||Pritam, Amit Trivedi, A. R. Rahman, Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Does Amitabh Bhattacharya smoke:? Yes
- Does Amitabh Bhattacharya drink alcohol:? Yes
- He was born in a Bengali middle-class family in Lucknow. He also grew up in Lucknow.
- His great-grandfather was a Jailor in the British times and had also an interest in poetry.
- In 1999, he moved to Mumbai to become a playback singer.
- While in Mumbai, he had to struggle a lot. He stood in long queues in front of music director’s offices to give him work.
- It was Pritam Chakraborty who gave him a chance to work with him and allowed him to assist.
- In 2004, Amitabh’s friend Amartya Rahut introduced him to Amit Trivedi who urged him to write rough lyrics. Soon, Amitabh discovered that he had an innate ability to give words to tunes.
- Bhattacharya’s major breakthrough came in 2009 while working with Amit Trivedi upon the music of Anurag Kashyap‘s Dev. D.
- In 2010, he won 59th National Film Award for Best Lyrics for “Agar Zindagi” track of film- I Am.
- Bhattacharya has penned a number of chartbusters such as Emotional Atyachaar from Dev. D, Chikani Chameli from Agneepath, Kabira from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Gerua from Dilwale, Channa Mereya from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Haanikaarak Bapu from Dangal, etc.
- The fastest written song by Amitabh Bhattacharya is Emotional Atyachaar from the film- Dev. D.
- Here’s a detailed conversation with Amitabh Bhattacharya: