|Known for||Being the grandson of Bal Thackeray|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||24 April 1989 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College/University||• Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics affiliated with the University of Mumbai
• London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
• Government Law College (GLC), Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Educational Qualification||He pursued a Bachelor of Legal Science & Bachelor of Legislative Law (BLS LLB) course at the Government Law College (GLC), Mumbai, from 2007 to 2012. Facebook - Nihar Thackeray|
|Caste||Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP) Hindustan Times|
|Controversy||Accused of Human Trafficking The Telegraph
A case was lodged against him by Mumbai Police on 10 March 2011 on human trafficking charges. 9 women were rescued from the Sangeet Bar in the western Santacruz area after a police raid. Allegedly, the bar was being run on the property of Nihar, and the rescued women were doing prostitution in the bar. There were accusations of Nihar running many other similar bars; however, no concrete evidence was found in the investigation, and he was later acquitted.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 December 2021|
|Wife/Spouse||Ankita Patil (a Member of the Indian National Congress)
|Parents||Father- Bindumadhav Thackeray (died in a road accident on 20 April 1996)
Mother- Madhavi Thackerey
|Siblings||He has one sister named Neha Thackeray who is a painter and jewellery designer.
|Other Relatives||• Bal Thackeray (grandfather)
• Meena Thackeray (grandmother)
• Jaidev Thackeray (uncle)
• Uddhav Thackeray (uncle)
• Raj Thackeray (uncle)
• Rashmi Thackeray (aunt)
• Sharmila Thackeray (aunt)
• Aaditya Thackeray (cousin)
• Harshvardhan Patil (father-in-law)
• Bhagyashri Patil (mother-in-law)
• Rajvardhan Patil (brother-in-law)
• Dr. Manan Thakkar (brother-in-law)
• Amit Thackeray (cousin)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nihar Thackeray
- Nihar Thackeray is the grandson of the famous Indian politician Bal Thackeray. He is an Indian lawyer and founded Vis Legis Law Practice Advocates Law Firm.
- His mother started living separately from the Thackeray family after his father’s death and raised Nihar and his sister on her own. The Telegraph
- Her father ran many businesses including restaurants, an audio company known as Bindatone, and a film company, Neha Films, which produced the film Agnisakshi starring Nana Patekar, Jackie Shroff, and Manisha Koirala.
- From 2005 to 2007, he studied at the Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics affiliated with the University of Mumbai.
- In 2011, he completed an International Commercial Litigation course at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- In 2012, he became a member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.
- From September 2010 to October 2014, he practised as an attorney in the law firm
- When Bal Thackeray‘s will was made public after his death in 2012, it revealed that no share of the property was given to Nihar and his family. The Pioneer
- From January 2015 to April 2017, he practised as an attorney in the law firm Legasis Partners.
- He established a law firm Vis Legis Law Practice Advocates in August 2017, which inducted lawyers from all over India as its members. LinkedIn – Nihar Thackeray
- He is an expert in Civil & Criminal, Real Estate, Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Arbitration, Securities and Company Law Litigation, and Documentation.
- He has represented the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) before the Securities Appellate Tribunal.
- He has represented many reputed companies like Al Jabriah Metals Trading Limited (UAE) and CQM Limited (Israel) in cases pertaining to international commercial arbitrations.
- When Eknath Shinde revolted against Uddhav Thackeray, Nihar said that he supported Eknath since Eknath was working as per Bal Thackeray’s ideology. Although he is not active in politics, he said that he might join politics if required. He said,
If required, I will keep myself available for the bypoll and BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) polls. I will continue to extend support to Shinde ji. Balasaheb had clearly said that he will never join hands with the Congress under any circumstances. For whatever reasons, things happened and Maha Vikas Aghadi government (of the Sena, Congress and NCP) came to power, and then…Shinde saheb decided to walk away.” The Economic Times
- When the case related to which faction of MLAs the name Shiv Sena would belong to was being heard in the Supreme Court, he represented Eknath Shinde‘s group.
- He is on the Director’s Board of Ssterling Workforce Enterprises Private Limited; two other board members are Supriya Anil Shete and Rahul Narendra Hingmire.
- He is on the Director’s Board of Bombay Motels Pvt Ltd and Bindatone Private Limited; another board member is his mother, Madhavi Thackeray.
- He often organises several football tournaments for his fellow lawyers and also plays in them.
- He has a very close relationship with Raj Thackeray.
- He is a very religious person and often visits Indian temples located in different cities of India.
- He met Ankita Patil, daughter of Harshvardhan Patil, at Harvard University. They later became friends and got married to each other on 28 December 2021.